• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Producer: Western Audience Influenced Tales of Arise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelmirror

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:31 am Reply with quote
Without getting further into the East v West part of the debate, I do think that it's good that this new game is apparently trying to shake up the Tales formula and do some innovating. I'm a fan of the Tales games, I think that they tend to be generic in a lot of ways but have an underlying charm with the character interactions and earnest story beats that keeps me coming back each time. But I do think that the gameplay is the weakest part these days, and after Berseria I wasn't planning on buying the next one if it continued on in the vein that the games have been going. Now, with things apparently getting a shakeup in the new game, I'm cautiously optimistic about giving it a purchase.

Completely my own opinion, not saying that this is objectively the right take or anything, but I'm interested to see what the game ends up like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4