• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Bioshocker wrote:
It's a new rule for the new era, because there isn't really a demand for ninjas. They live in peace. No need for multiple new chuunin commanders being promoted at once unless something big was happening.

So does this mean everyone else will get promoted one at a time? That would take years!

If there's no demand for ninjas, then put limits on class size at the academy level. If all diseases were cured and robots took care of injuries so the demand for doctors dropped, you wouldn't keep graduating med students and then let only one or two of them a year become doctors. You'd cut back on admissions to med school.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:07 am Reply with quote

So...where in the Narutoverse do people dress like the people in that movie? That really threw me for a loop. Otherwise, I enjoyed the story, and Boruto's cluelessness.

But seriously, her name is Remon (Lemon) and she really likes...lemons? Rolling Eyes
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 am Reply with quote
yea, that naming leaves something to be desired! same for boruto!

also this dont make any sense! didn't he got married to hanabi already!? or at least supposed to be dating!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AaaaNinja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 pm Reply with quote
From the article on episode 118:

Quote:
Stranger still, when Konohamaru returns to the Hidden Leaf without Boruto in tow, Naruto isn't the least bit fazed by this.

This is because Konohamaru and Boruto didn't go to Daidai for a mission, they did it on their day off. Naruto wouldn't know that Boruto went, or what Boruto was doing in his free time. It's possible that Konohamaru kept his mouth shut else he would have to mention Boruto was with him.

Naruto's reasoning for not sending aid to the village is that the village has a system in place already for dealing with their demon, and Konohamaru actually had no good reason to believe that system was broken, so what would he have to report?

Maybe it was Konohamaru who should be worried about whether Boruto comes home.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, but the whole time sequence didn't really track right. I kinda felt like I was watching Plan 9 From Outer Space the way it was day in one scene, then night elsewhere, then day again. Smile

Day 1) So Boruto gets mind-wiped and is fleeing in the daytime. Konohamaru returns home and it's night.
Day 2) Then Boruto crawls out of the river (where he's been for part of a day and all night?) the next day? Boruto arrives home near sunset, but his family has not missed him at all for at least 2 whole days or more since he first left the Leaf. That night Konohamaru decides to do research.
Day 3) Boruto spends another half day getting his memories back and shows up on Konohamaru's doorstep and they leave to go stop the wedding. I don't think they're going to make it unless it's a night wedding, given how long it took Konohamaru and Boruto to get back and forth.

I also think they were at the village longer than a weekend before things went south, but I don't feel like going back and working that out to see if that's so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:04 am Reply with quote
This episode marks the first time I've seen Boruto without the shadow of his father hanging over him. In fact, Naruto doesn't appear at all this week. While Iwabe and several other classmates openly libros gratis accuse Boruto of “riding his dad's coattails” (how is a two-week suspension for the train stunt equal to no punishment in their eyes?)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:35 pm Reply with quote

So does Lightning Burger deliver all the way out to Daidai Village or does it have a franchise there? And that's a lot of lemons. Looks like more lemons than burger.

Not sure why he waited so long to cut off the horns though. Maybe he could've saved some of her memories if he'd acted when she first asked.

That was an ok arc. Especially since we don't really get a lot of Konohamaru up close and personal. I don't know why people have been giving it less than one-star ratings the last few weeks. It wasn't that bad.
Marimo0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's possible that this character has made appearances in other pieces of Naruto-related media, but prior to this, I can't ever recall seeing him in animated form.

This is his first appearance anywhere, based on the Naruto wiki.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Heh, just noticed this on the first page.

Wyvern wrote:
I'm just happy to have a Naruto series where the protagonist doesn't spend all his time whining about how much he misses Sasuke.

And yet look where we are now... Laughing
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I am hoping in this arc, we get some Shikadai / Yodo interaction. I kind of ship them.

I like to see more Yodo period, I love to see her and the girls of the Leaf bond and have a girls day together.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I was really surprised when One Tail popped his head and limbs out of the pot. Doesn't seem like much of a seal if he can't keep him from leaking out all over the place.

Is there a reason that makes sense and isn't just for plot purposes that Boruto didn't tell them about the rail cart waiting to take him halfway home? That seems like it would've been useful if they hadn't gone off in a completely different direction.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In the time it takes the boys to fight it out, Shinki could have extracted Gojo from the rubble ten times over. (Also, why does Boruto not immediately create shadow clones to assist in the rescue effort?)

I wondered about the latter point, but thought maybe Shinki was conserving his chakra, since he was barely able to walk a few minutes before. But then it was like no problemo, so I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also had trouble with the idea that this one bridge was the only way into the Fire Nation, yet had not even a single shinobi on watch. On the other hand, where Shinki is seems like you could just hop across, so again, I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 am Reply with quote

So no border guards at the lone bridge entryway, but Mirai's guarding the back door? Ookaaay.

Quote:
Boruto offering Shinki a formal apology for his chunin exam antics would have also been satisfying

He never really did face any consequences for that at all, let alone need to apologize to anyone. And he doesn't seem to have learned any lessons at all from it. He's gone running off at the drop of a hat twice in a row now, and lied right to people's faces to do it. He's really a terrible role model for his age group. Smile

His dishonesty is seeming more and more like a fundamental trait rather than just childhood immaturity. I guess that's why he's so good at using shadow clones to deceive.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am Reply with quote
does the other tail beasts know about their fox friend getting one hit KO'ed as well by the mini kushina??

i would definitely like to see that comedic spectacle with the rest of them teasing kuruma from basically getting "ONE PUNCHED"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I swear if Himawari doesn't become a ninja at some point in the future I'm gonna riot. At 9 years old she's somehow able to channel the Byakugan with no prior experience or training, and use the Gentle Fist to one shot heaps of scrap metal soaring into the air. It'll be such a waste if they do nothing with her and leave her in the background like they did her mother
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 31