• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name change?: Kazunari Niigaki

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RALPineda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote
The encyclopedia has the entry for the animator Kazunari Niigaki, but a forum user pointed out in a talkback thread that the pronunciation of the animator's name is actually Issei Arakaki, and pointed to an entry in the Japanese sakuga wiki that also has that pronunciation.

While I can't find an official source that confirms the "Issei Arakaki" pronunciation, I don't really have a source for the "Kazunari Niigaki" pronunciation either. I will note though that the person's first and last name do have a variety of different common pronunciations.

Also, note that the encyclopedia already has an empty entry for Issei Arakaki.
RALPineda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:41 pm Reply with quote
An English press release from Ichigo, the sponsor for Mamoru Oshii's new anime, confirms the pronunciation of the animator's name as "Issei Aragaki" (not "Kazunari Niigaki" or "Issei Arakaki," as previously mentioned).

The press release can be found here.

Interestingly, there is also an encyclopedia entry for Issei Aragaki. This entry, as well as the encyclopedia entries from the post above should probably all be consolidated into one entry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1