• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fairy gone

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Besides, everyone knows Chikane is the worst. Very Happy

No, there are far, far worse characters like Chikane.
Haruka Nishida(Kanamemo) being one.

As for the show, I'm sure it will get better. I do like the its setting.
tbrown3514

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
What an accurate review. I chuckled at the names like what?! Anime hyper
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nowhere is this more evident than the many scenes of Beevee casually walking down the street, whistling along with the soundtrack as he nonchalantly ignores all of the bullets flying at him. It's just so damned goofy to watch, and I don't think Fairy gone is playing any of this for laughs.

Aight mate we got a problem now. Sure, the dude being bullet-free through all of that was silly as all hell, but whistling the soundtrack was great. Know Name was the only reason I even started this show (and it's kinda the only reason I'm still keeping up with it) and a whitle tune to go along was a great way to make me entertained while the whole thing happened
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 am Reply with quote
The only surprising thing to me was that Big Hair Dude (the one who's into Glasses Girl) didn't die because he seemed to have death flags all over himself for a while now. Well, at least we got spared more "cursed child" ramblings by Maryla that way...

Other than that, i pretty much agree with the review, up to the rating. Judging by wasted potential, this was probably the biggest disappointment of the season.
Alex_Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:23 pm Reply with quote
If I were in this world I would check whose payroll the defending soldiers were on since none of them could land a hit on the enemy, and I so badly wanted to see the Colonel shot. Also why was Maryla absolutely incapable of unlimbering that hunting rifle and getting a shot off. It just got more irritating as the series progressed. Ah well maybe the makers can breathe some life into this snorefest next season
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3