• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Rising of The Shield Hero

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
That ending was nice. More anime to solve at least some of the unanswered questions would be nice as well. The music throughout this series was splendid and while the series had issues, I would like to see more of it if it’s possible.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Pretty good finale. While the Japanese version is pretty good. Raphtalia voice actress is my favorite now alongside Inori Minase & Saori Hayami.

I think the English Dub is pretty alright with most of L.A. dub voice cast.

I don't know (and honestly don't think there will be one) if there will be a season 2 depends on those DVD/BD Sales.
GoldenCrimson2020

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:21 am Reply with quote
Hope season 1 has done enough for a season 2 in 2020
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 am Reply with quote
TdFern 87 wrote:
Pretty good finale. While the Japanese version is pretty good. Raphtalia voice actress is my favorite now alongside Inori Minase & Saori Hayami.

I think the English Dub is pretty alright with most of L.A. dub voice cast.

I don't know (and honestly don't think there will be one) if there will be a season 2 depends on those DVD/BD Sales.

AFAIK, it is doing barely over 1k per disc, so just going by disc sales a second season is unconfirmed. But, we still ahve the "advertisement" part of the business model and the novel is selling in the millions now, so there is still chance for a second season, if only to increase the novel sales. Of course it would be hilarious if they do motoyasu's spin off for the same reasons.
Moxxmix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
AFAIK, it is doing barely over 1k per disc, so just going by disc sales a second season is unconfirmed. But, we still ahve the "advertisement" part of the business model and the novel is selling in the millions now, so there is still chance for a second season, if only to increase the novel sales. Of course it would be hilarious if they do motoyasu's spin off for the same reasons.

The first two volumes had sales volumes of 2172 and 1998, respectively, as of June 10, so the sales are more "middling" than "sad". That's compared to the 1200 range for Neverland, the 5000 range for Kaguya-sama, and the 2000 range for Dororo or Mob Psycho 100 II.

Otherwise, agree with you. Disc sales on their own won't really be enough, but all the side effects are significant enough that it should get another season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 36 of 36