Forum - View topic
Will anyone still play Pokemon new game after Masuda annoucement?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 pm Reply with quote
So anyway, will anyone users in ANN will keep playing new Pokemon game, epsacially after Masuda made an annoucement that not all of the previous Generation Pokemon won't be in SWSH, anyone?
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:03 am Reply with quote
Why wouldn't I?
Of course I plan on playing Pokémon Shield, I am really looking forward to it. I have played the games since there were only 150, and I play different Pokémon in each game I have played, and the vast majority of the time there have not been them all, or more specifically not close to 1,000 different kinds.

Why would that change now, and be treated like some big controversy?
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Why wouldn't I?
Of course I plan on playing Pokémon Shield, I am really looking forward to it. I have played the games since there were only 150, and I play different Pokémon in each game I have played, and the vast majority of the time there have not been them all, or more specifically not close to 1,000 different kinds.

Why would that change now, and be treated like some big controversy?

There are a lot of Campain on Twitter about wanting their previous Generation to appear in Gen 8, they include hashtags like #BringBackTheNatioalDex and Dexit. They also wanted for Pokemon Sword and Shield game to get delayed until they managed to fix all these adjustments, although Masuda already made a statement about not including all the previous Gen though, i wonder why people keep protesting it, i am sure they'll add previous Gen Pokemon by modders, not the offical game developers by itself.

Sometimes, i do wish if Game Freak added North American and European branch so that they could hire these staff members and help them the fixing this.
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:07 am Reply with quote
I would rather the fanbase not become something so toxic. This is after Let's Go received so much negative reactions before it came out but ended up with a generally positive reception from being so cute. There is no point right now making a big fuss about it as they are not going to be able to add in all that stuff before it releases, and saying that it should be delayed is being a bit dickish to the fanbase that is looking forward a new game this year including a lot of children.

In general such fanbase is starting to show itself as a bunch of people who don't know what they are talking about. Such as taking screenshots of the Sun and Moon anime that used a new style used movement better, and claiming it was just bad.
Amibite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I would rather the fanbase not become something so toxic. This is after Let's Go received so much negative reactions before it came out but ended up with a generally positive reception from being so cute.

By who?

It was a game always aimed at the casual Go audience, and in that regard they may have liked it but most hardcore fans ragged on it and still do. It's regarded was one of the worst games by the Japanese playerbase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1