• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
That Anime DVD/Video Game Sale Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
At Barnes & Nobles, Buy 2 get 1 free on Kodansha manga through the 29th of October
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Sentai is having an early Black Friday sale. Some notable sale prices:

Chaika the Coffin Princess Complete Series -$13.99
Chihayafuru Season 1 Blu-ray Standard Edition - $13.99
Chihayafuru Season 2 Blu-ray Standard Edition - $13.99
Den-noh Coil Collection 1 - $18.99
Den-noh Coil Collection 2 - $18.99
School Live! Complete Collection BD Standard Edition - $9.99
School Live! Complete Collection BD/DVD Combo Premium Box set - $34.99
Space Brothers BD- Each season (1-8) is going for $5 super cheap

There's a some Premium Editions on sale too on average running between $40-50 with a few cheaper ones like Ajin Season 2 at $13.99

**Warning sale started this morning and a few items are showing low stock.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
It Begins...
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Kodansha is having a HUGE sale on certain digital manga on Humble Bundle (benefitting Comic Book Legal Defense Fund). This runs through Feb 13th

The deals are as follows:
$1+-Drifting Dragons 1-3
$8+-everything previous+ Land of the Lustrous 1-5, Clockwork Planet 1-5, Flying Witch 1-4
$15+-everything previous + Cells at work 1-4, Heaven's Design Team 1-2, Fire Force 1-10, Pumpkin Scissors 1-15
$18+-everything previous+ Noragami 1-6, I'm Standing on a Million Lives 1-4, Altair: A Record of battles 1-8
$20+-everything previous+ That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime 1-4, To Your Eternity 1-7, Mushishi 1-10, Battle Angel Alita 1-3
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Barnes & Nobles, Viz are buy 2 get 1 free (through Apr 30th), both online and in stores
AND! There is a 20% off $50 or more coupon (through April 27th), online only
Free ship over $35

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/viz-manga-buy-2-get-the-3rd-free/_/N-2n0d

The current math is that 9 $10 books are about $50 (if you do both the B2G1 and the coupon, and they do stack)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:13 am Reply with quote
Just in case anybody missed it Sentai is having a summer sale until the 7/21. There are some pretty decent deals and shipping is free at $50. Some of the prices are better than RightStuf's current sale. You can find it here.

Some examples:
Ajin Demi-human pt1 $14.99
Broken Blade $6.99
Dennoh Coil pt1 $9.99
Dennoh Coil pt2 $9.99
Hozuki's Coolheadedness $8.99
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? $9.99
Princess Tutu $19.99
School Live! $14.99
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 $6.99

etc,etc.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
^^^

also:
Patlabor the Mobile Police Ultimate Collection $39.99 (from $129.99)
I forget what the chatter about this was- I'm not likely to get it though- got the singles on a previous blow out sale.

Both Shirobako sets: $8.99
This might be the first time those fell below $10.

The K-ON! Premium Box Set is $108.99 (from $279.99 - although others that have it, sell around $145-$180) with a "low-stock" marker... I was hoping it would get a bit lower before going out of stock- not like it's a necessity but it would be nice to have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:56 pm Reply with quote
In case you hadn't noticed. Rightstuff has not only brought back all Mega Sales for the last day of their birthday sale (as usual) but all regular expired sales too.
https://www.rightstufanime.com/sale/everything-on-sale?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:11 am Reply with quote
The day after "bonus stage" sale is just bizarre.

Did you miss our sale? Well, here's a fraction of those same titles- AT MUCH WORSE PRICES!

It's the "you should have been here yesterday, fool" Sale.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 am Reply with quote
Barnes & Nobles has buy 2 get 1 on Kodansha and Vertical manga. I'm awaiting an inevitable additional discount code that will likely stack. And free shipping at $35 online

*edit and there's a code now for $5 off $30-$59.99 or $10 off $60+, and it does stack
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:24 pm Reply with quote
IF you like buying digital (I pretty much think "what are you getting?")
This Microsoft sale may be to your liking:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/movies-and-tv/collection/anime-movies-tv-up-to-65-off/fh_blackfriday2019_anime
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:32 pm Reply with quote
RightStuf's first week seems...really underwhelming. Which is honestly great news for my wallet, but I'm kind of surprised. Most of the FUNi titles aren't even 50% off, the Sentai stuff is predictably cheaper via their own sale...there are are only a handful of things that seem worth it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:57 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
RightStuf's first week seems...really underwhelming. Which is honestly great news for my wallet, but I'm kind of surprised. Most of the FUNi titles aren't even 50% off, the Sentai stuff is predictably cheaper via their own sale...there are are only a handful of things that seem worth it.

That wasn't their first week though. That was the Black Friday Sale. Today is a Cyber Monday WEEK Sale... THEN the usual 3-4 week holiday sale, Maybe Thursday? That's when they usually start the weekly sales. I assume better deals in that.

But hey, "Up to 98% off"
Because I know you want the single vols. 1,2,4&5 of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Rolling Eyes
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:33 am Reply with quote
No, it's definitely all part of the same sale. RightStuf's holiday sales always start the week of Black Friday and continue on into December. If you select "Everything on sale" in the filter options, you'll see the number continuously increase by about a thousand items every week.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Come to think of it, they have switched it around in years past. And you're probably right about this time, I guess their BF items are part of their long sale. But the naming conventions are different. They've recently just clearly called it one "holiday sale".

I just looked up this old thread from 2015, a year in which they listed a couple hundred new items every day from 11/12-12/16 with Mega Deals through 12/27

For years before that I distinctly remember Right Stuff completely skipping Black Friday (and the talk of this forum was Deep Discount's insane BF anime sales...and failure to deliver many ordered items).

About them being underwhelming- that's not exactly new either. People were even complaining about that 2015 sale.

[edit- 12/8]
Well, dang it. Didn't want to have a told-ya-so moment there. I guess my first guess was correct.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 60 of 61