• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 1.0 Film Gets DVD in Japan in April

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GospelX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
So, when do we get this in the US of A?
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow, those Japanese sure are lucky!
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, that's an awesome set. I wish I was a little better at Japanese, I'd be really tempted to somehow try to import it if I could understand it a little more.

I hope this comes over to the US soon. After watching the original series I'm really excited to see these movies (and to see what they do with the dub). Particularly if it actually gets into theaters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
render

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote
My guess is that an announcement regarding the second installment is soon to follow. They'll likely release it in the summer to capitalize on the buzz from the DVD.

TOO AWESOME.

btw, guys, I've seen this movie. It's totally worth the wait.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
render wrote:
btw, guys, I've seen this movie. It's totally worth the wait.

Somehow, that doesn't make the wait any easier. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
/dies and goes to Eva heaven. Laughing

All I can say is, something similar had better hit our shores. That set sounds FREAKING AWESOME. Very Happy
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
GospelX wrote:
So, when do we get this in the US of A?

Considering how long it took them to release the first set of movies out here, probably never.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
it a waiting game now so see when it going to be release here maybe it be here by june
Enjeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
It will not make it State-side until it has been dubbed and all the other tweaks have been made.
I will guess that it has already been licensed but no announcement has been made yet. Of course there is no source to this, just an educated guess.
I wouldn't hold your breath until at least 4Q.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meccanica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote
That's not necessarily a valid assumption, Romuska, unless it was because of some specific issue that is still standing. Things change- and I'd think this is hugetastic enough to warrant some speedy attention from the licensors here. Probably not this year, but I should expect that it will be a shorter wait this time 'round. Right?

...Right? Please?
DonQuigleone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why it wouldn't have been licensed already, there's already a dedicated fanbase so it's not like there'd be as much risk as with other titles, I'd say they're waiting to make some kind of surprise announcement, maybe a little after the dvds go on sale in japan.
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Dang it! This makes me want to throw things at random Japanese people. I want a copy of this movie so bad and Now the dang japanese get a special limited edition box!!!!!

There's no fansubs or anything either Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I WANT MY EVA!
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Lowlife187 wrote:
There's no fansubs or anything either Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I WANT MY EVA!

Of course there isn't. It was a movie in theaters and the DVD, as we obviously know from the article, isn't out yet. Japan also is cracking down on movie bootlegging. When I went and saw Eva, it was accompanied by an announcement to not bring video cameras into theaters. There were also some posters about it alongside the movie posters. It would've been really hard for someone to record a bootleg of the movie after all that!

Once it comes out on DVD, I'm sure there will be fansubs, but by then I think we'll have a license announcement coming soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Areaith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I think they should make a live action movie of this anime, they did death note, why not Evangelion?
Fabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Areaith wrote:
I think they should make a live action movie of this anime, they did death note, why not Evangelion?

They are, right now its in the very early stages of pre-development all I know so is that GAINAX and ADV are working on it together and WETA works is doing the effects . Weta even has some production sketches up

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/filmography/film/neon_genesis
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3