• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Feature: Your Score

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowSect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Almost at the end of the season, any updates on the Weekly Rankings? I guess the last week of May didn't pan out because there's still no update since then.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Ace of Diamond 14, Gegege no Kitarou 63, and Fruits Basket 14 are not showing up on the list for the most recent week (2019-07-01 I guess).

However, RobiHachi 13, Dororo 25, Isekai Quartet 13, and Namu Amida Butsu! 13 are all on the list even though they don't exist.

Since someone is downvoting AoD into oblivion every week, maybe it's just as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
^ Bumping this since the thread listings don't show that there's new info in the edits above. I imagine Dan's already got his hands full though.

The final episode of One Punch Man finally did show up, as did Boruto and Demon Slayer (probably because those all got reviews). I wonder how the trio of Vinland Saga episodes will appear. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:17 am Reply with quote
Has this been abandoned? The only updates occur when new reviews are posted, instead of all the current series. It's apparently been uncurated for the last three weeks, and no one replies to questions about it, no matter where I ask. Trying to Report a Problem fails and just refers me to the Bugs section, but I'm not sure anymore that this is a bug.

If it's only going to be for reviewed series now, that's fine, but if that's the case, I don't see the point of having a separate page for this feature at all.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Given how apparently this feature just ended up getting spammed by people not even watching episodes making the ratings pretty much useless, I'm not too worried about it just disappearing. Unfortunate of course.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it definitely felt like there was something fishy going on with 'em ratings. At least I remember when I went to rate Bungou Stray Dogs' episodes last season, them episodes had absurdly low ratings that kinda stabilized once the review went up while something like Wise Man's Grandchild was getting really high ratings immediately after the episode aired. Not to poop on Wise Man's Grandchild (it does have a fairly meh overall rating here and on MAL), but that was Bungou Stray Dogs' 3rd season so my logic thinks that only the people who really like it would be watching it at that point. Also Fruits Basket seems to be getting really low ratings for some reason. Need my tin foil hat.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you look at Fruits Basket, it stopped being posted on the list concurrently with its air dates after episode 13, which got a rating of 2.9. Since then the ratings have been in line with Jacob's grades. I guess when they're not all conveniently listed at the same time, it's too much work to keep coming back to downvote things you aren't watching instead of just going down the list handing out zeros. And I think they were just giving zeros, since I remember one series I thought I was the first to rate, but when I refreshed the page, the community rating was exactly half what I'd given it.

For series not being reviewed, it was nice to have a place to rate them anyway, but the spamming was depressing, and when more than one person was rating episodes that didn't even exist (if only one confused soul accidentally rated, it would have to be a x.0 or x.5 score), it became undeniable that series were being spammed (so save your tin foil, Cam0). This is why we can't have nice things. Sad If they can't fix it, they should just put it out of its misery and go back to the weekly charts of reviewed series.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:10 am Reply with quote
Fire Force episodes are out of sync due to the skipped week. FF 4 is the current one, from Aug 2, and episode 5 is not out yet, though it's on the list and people are rating it (that's probably an honest mistake in this case).

Also, Try Knights has finally started streaming. It may be terrible, but it should be on the list in case anyone is watching it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Has this been abandoned? The only updates occur when new reviews are posted, instead of all the current series. It's apparently been uncurated for the last three four weeks, and no one replies to questions about it, no matter where I ask.

If it's only going to be for reviewed series now, that's fine, but if that's the case, I don't see the point of having a separate page for this feature at all.

Second verse same as the first. Figured I'd just quote myself, since the problem remains the same. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3