• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Next Life as a Villainess Anime Premieres on TV in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizuka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:22 am Reply with quote
This premise is like the one time I've thought the sucked into the game world cliche actually sounds like it's being used for something interesting. Might need to keep an eye on this.
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am Reply with quote
Maybe this will be the start of the otome game isekai hype. I usually prefer those.
catbot158

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Yay, it's coming next year! No definite season listed, so maybe summer 2020? Now just to find out what studio's doing it...and the cast, too...
Hey, does anyone know what else has the publisher produce in terms of anime? I don't think I've ever heard of them.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Kami-koto wrote:
Maybe this will be the start of the otome game isekai hype. I usually prefer those.

That would be the Phase 3 of Isekai, but we can have Phase 2 and 3 together. Why not?
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:58 pm Reply with quote
My Next Life as a Villainess is one of the best comedy romance light novels I have read so it is great to hear that it is getting an anime adaptation. It does help to know a bit about otome game tropes but overall the light novels have a great sense of humor. The third light novel spoiler[would be a good point to stop at since originally that was going to be the end of the series.]
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited to see Bakarina in action! I wonder where it will stop. I've only read the manga (because the light novels are digital only and I find it hard to read books digitally these days...), so I don't know how far the story goes.
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
I'm so excited to see Bakarina in action! I wonder where it will stop. I've only read the manga (because the light novels are digital only and I find it hard to read books digitally these days...), so I don't know how far the story goes.

Probably up through spoiler[Bakarina's coma]. That's where it naturally converges all the character arcs and can end with some climatic twists, if not an anime-original end. But who knows, the series could make that just the midpoint depending on the pacing.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Loved the light novels, eagerly awaiting the manga's release.

Glad to hear about the anime announcement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1