• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Correct name: Live Mukai: person#159138
https://www.81produce.co.jp/actor_search/index.php/item?id=314

Incorrect name: Ribu Mukai
person#181660

And while we're at it, 81 Produce link at Live Mukai's page is wrong and leads to this: https://www.81produce.co.jp/actor_search/index.php/item?id=318
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:20 pm Reply with quote
J.P. Karliak (person#91237) (correct spelling)
JP Karliak (person#183690) (variant)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:42 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

Going by credits and his own official website, it looks no periods for his initials is more common for him.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I. D. C. Douglas (person#64562) (main name) and DC Douglas (person#169580) (variant)

Based on the surrounding entries (person#169579) (person#169581), this entry was added for Berserk (TV 2017). The English ending credits depict Douglas' name as D.C. Dougas (for Priest / Locus).

II. Bryan Ingram (person#74986) (correct spelling), Brian Ingram (person#169581) (mistype) and Bryan Ingramn (person#172258) (mistype?)

In the process of assessing Douglas in Section I, it was likewise determined that Ingram's first name was mistyped for Berserk (TV 2017) when initially added. Again, the English ending credits spell the name Bryan Ingram correctly for his Subtitle Timing credit.
The same appears to be true for the Ingramn spelling (for Saga of Tanya the Evil and/or Saiyuki Reload Blast), given person#172259, however I cannot confirm those like the others before this.

III. Kathy Pilon (person#169578) (current name), Kathy Borland (person#7965) (previous name) and Kathryn A. Borland (person#9583) (erroneous name)

Pilon and Borland are one in the same, as can be seen on her Facebook. She has also split the two names between roles (Borland for staff, Pilon for cast) for Pokémon 3: The Movie and the Pokémon Channel video game.
Given person#9584, the Kathryn A. name was most likely added for Pokémon: The First Movie. However, Kathryn A. Borland appears to be someone else with a similar name and career timeline involved in production. As Borland went by Kathryn Pilon in Channel (for voices), this confusion is both understandable and inevitable. Fortunately, Pilon's work on Fantastic 4orce/The Illusionauts confirms her middle initial of C, distinguishing her as Kathryn C. Pilon. As it stands, Wikipedia seems to be the only significant outlet that still believes that the 4Kids Kathryn is Kathryn A.

IV. Joseph P. Garrity (person#172577) (full first name, most complete) and Joe Garrity (person#152757) (shortened variant)
Garrity of Leisure Concepts and later 4Kids was credited at the tail end (0:48) of the credits for Pokémon’s first 2 seasons. Additionally, Garrity has a few songwriting credits to his name, not unlike Norman J. Grossfeld. The credits for Pokémon Chronicles (0:05) include him (as simply Joe) for its theme song, which is the repurposed “Pokerap GS.” Bridging the gap is the name Joseph Garrity, which appears on the liner notes for the True Blue: The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog album (WWCE-31175) for the Sonic X Theme. What’s more, his LinkedIn also refers to him simply as Joe Garrity.

V. Christopher Beaumont (person#173257) (full first name) and Chris Beaumont (person#157299) (variant)
Beaumont’s LinkedIn had “Chris” in the name field despite the URL/username using his full first name. It also referenced both Ninja Turtles and Chaotic, the credits of which wrote his name as Christopher and Chris respectively. Unfortunately, this profile has since gone down and a usable archive is not available. Instead, here’s a Reddit article concerning him where both variations had been utilized by him in an email.

VI. Stuart Zagnit (person#26972) (real name) and Stan Hart (person#1075) (alias)
A recent interview with Zagnit on YouTube includes a pinned comment by the channel owner/interviewer that reveals the origin of the Stan Hart name: an editor for MAD Magazine during the 1960s. Zagnit had used this name because it was easier for people to remember than his own.

VII. Jim Napalitano (person#26969) (real name) and Nappy (person#31629) (alias)
Nappy is Jim’s nickname, as demonstrated by his main business, Nappy’s Puppets. Napalitano used his real name for Shaman King.

VIII. Katie Leigh (person#6873) (real name) and Liz Joseph (person#123747) (alias)
Leigh confirms voicing both Ms. Yamashiro and Simon Sumiya on her Anime & Videogame Demo on her official website.

IX. Abby Trott (person#135930) (real name) and Alicia Stratten (person#173660) (alias)
Originally appearing in mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes, Stratten’s identity was unknown until she appeared in the anime Twin Star Exorcists (technically her name was written as Alicia Stratton in that show, as can be seen amongst the credit sets found here). One of Stratton’s characters, Moro, was voiced by Trott earlier in the series (credited in the batch made for episodes 13-24). Conversely, Cordelia, who was initially voiced by Stratton, was later credited to Trott by the final batch of episodes. Once this connection was figured out, tweets to Trott about being Laegjarn and Nanna (who have yet to be credited to Trott in any of their incarnations to date) have been liked by her, affirming the connection.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:55 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

Going by credits and his own official website, it looks no periods for his initials is more common for him.

Very well, but thanks for merging the names
DrBlock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:09 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:28 am Reply with quote
Kouichi Hasebe
person#38015

Kouichi Hasabe
person#135312

Hasebe is a correct one
https://www.artsvision.co.jp/talent/625/
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:33 am Reply with quote
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Hiroyuki TAKASHIMA person#109810 (correct or not other one has 1 entry anyway so this should remain)
Hiroyuki TAKAJIMA person#137151
jomy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:41 pm Reply with quote
This is a case where I created a new person because someone submitted a credit that was so different from the actual voice actor's name that I found nothing while searching for Tadaaki Doi. To clarify, I created the new entry for this voice actor found here:

Tadaaki Doi (correct)

He is credited for the roles of the "Eulmoran Adjutant" and "Aenc Thon", two characters in the Final Fantasy XIV MMORPG's Shadowbringers expansion, confirmed in the expansion's ending credits. A quick look at his Arise page told me that he had one anime role, which I attempted to submit, only to find this name, Masaaki Doi:

Masaaki Doi (erroneous duplicate)

The information for the Mannaka no Rikkun role, for which I have submitted Tadaaki Doi and filed an error report about the Masaaki Doi entry, can be confirmed on both the voice actor's Arise page (linked above) and the following other source:

https://manga.tokyo/news/mannaka-no-rikkun-anime-to-start-airing-in-january/
shckwv

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Sachie Tsuda (person#86444) (correct spelling)
Yukie Tsuda (person#9097)

Source: https://www.sankei.com/west/news/190726/wst1907260018-n1.html
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I. Jonathan Lipow (person#181001) (real name) and Udel R. Deet (person#50116) (alias)
Lipow was credited regularly for Castlevania, as can be seen here. Lipow confirms voicing Fire Leo in Viewtiful Joe (credited to Udel R. Deet throughout the series) on his official website (under Resumé and VO•Videos tabs)

II. Phillip Reich (person#151191) (correct spelling) and Philip Reich (person#180968) (misspelled variant)
Reich, who confirmed his involvement on Gundam Build Divers on Twitter, had his name misspelled in the show’s credits.

III. Frank Todaro (person#169579) (correct) and Frank Todaro Todaro (person#183471) (incorrect)
Clearly misentered name.

IV. Jackie Lastra (person#165281) (main name) and Jackie Lynn (person#173655) (alias)
Jackie’s Instagram (directly accessible from her website) is named for Lynn rather than Lastra like the rest.

V. Brad Venable (person#115170) (real name) and D. Roy Bradley (person#178757) (alias)
Before Fire Emblem: Three Houses released, Venable was among those who announced their roles, saying he was Kostas. The in-game credits, however, credit D. Roy instead.

VI. Zachary T. Rice (person#167207) (main/more complete name) and Zachary Rice (person#163153) (variant)
Zach’s Twitter (where his name is displayed as Zachary Rice) notes having played Raphael in Fire Emblem: Three Houses (credited in-game to Zachery T. Rice). His Instagram, meanwhile, includes posts on him working on The Reflection.

VII. Avery Rice-Williams (person#36579) (main/acting name) and Avery Rice Williams (person#37904) (variant of acting name)
In an interview for the 2019 Fruits Basket anime, Kent Williams mentions “[his] son Adam (voicing under the name Avery Rice-Williams) played Young Kyo.”
Additional notes: Avery is credited as Avery Williams for each episode of the original Fruits Basket anime, not Avery Rice Williams, and Kent refers to his son as “Adam Rice” on Facebook. Lastly, despite sharing the same name, I am excluding person#102297 (Adam Rice from Dance in the Vampire Bund) in the event they are not the same person.

VIII. Kent Williams (person#1131) (correct name order) and Williams Kent (person#112582) (reversal)
Simply that.

IX. Cherami Leigh (person#64331) (correct name order) and Leigh Cherami (person#112581) (reversal)
Simply that.

X. Stephanie Young (person#57984) (real name), Callie McHalen (person#73563) (alias), Kelly McHalen (person#68798) (alias, variant) and Stephanie Young - Fe Akuma (person#179077) (mistype)
Young has retweeted posts that associated her with Kazehana from Sekirei and Fantasy Eu in Is This a Zombie? – neither of which she used her real name for.
Kelly McHalen’s sole role of Ms. Noel has previously migrated to Callie, but Kelly was nevertheless the name used for Itsudatte My Santa!, as seen here.
SmartyTheMaxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:46 am Reply with quote
Bill Capizzi (real name) and A. Gregory (alias)

Gregory Snegoff (real name) and Greg Snow (alias)

Ted Lehmann (real name) and Leonard Pike (alias)

Edie Mirman (real name) and Penny Sweet (alias)

Frank Catalano (real name) and Christopher Frank (alias)

Steve Kramer (real name) and Drew Thomas (alias)

Robert Barron (real name) and Merle Pearson (alias)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:24 am Reply with quote
SmartyTheMaxx wrote:
Bill Capizzi (real name) and A. Gregory (alias)

Gregory Snegoff (real name) and Greg Snow (alias)

Ted Lehmann (real name) and Leonard Pike (alias)

Edie Mirman (real name) and Penny Sweet (alias)

Frank Catalano (real name) and Christopher Frank (alias)

Steve Kramer (real name) and Drew Thomas (alias)

Robert Barron (real name) and Merle Pearson (alias)

Pardon me, but we generally like some sort of proof that of such assertions. Would you please be so kind as to add some sources/references?
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Hiroyuki TAKASHIMA person#109810 (no proof that this is right but other one has 1 entry anyway so this should remain)
Hiroyuki TAKAJIMA person#137151
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 109 of 144