• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fire Force Anime Resumes Broadcast With 3rd Episode on Friday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:53 am Reply with quote
Fine. It was a nice move not to broadcast it out of respect for all the fallen ones and their family and friends.
kikuzinho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah they've done this before.
Delaying for a week an episode because something similar happened in real life.
It only shows that the people who decided that have a heart
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:35 am Reply with quote
If it were up to me they'd delay it even longer. It's still a sensitive issue.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:28 am Reply with quote
I didn't expect it would be delayed more than a week, but I'm glad they did delay it.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote
I honestly thought that there was a good chance that the show was going to be pushed to next season. But, it seems like a week will be enough. Still a horrible situation all around.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:25 pm Reply with quote
To be expected. However, I do think it would've been wise to delay it for longer. I see this as a matter of Fire Force being a genuinely big show where there's money to be made in airing it overseas and back home, even if the animators are traumatized by recent events and don't want to work on it for a while. I hope none of them are being forced into this, but if not, the show's visual quality might take a hit anyway.

Of course, in my preferred world where money doesn't make everything go round, we might have a kinder society and this whole tragedy could have been averted. But I digress.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:35 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
If it were up to me they'd delay it even longer. It's still a sensitive issue.

If every media related product in Japan had to be delayed or outright canceled in Japan because of an earthquake or tsunami etc I don't think there'd be much to entertain their audiences.

Basically damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bioshocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
To be expected. However, I do think it would've been wise to delay it for longer. I see this as a matter of Fire Force being a genuinely big show where there's money to be made in airing it overseas and back home, even if the animators are traumatized by recent events and don't want to work on it for a while. I hope none of them are being forced into this, but if not, the show's visual quality might take a hit anyway.

Of course, in my preferred world where money doesn't make everything go round, we might have a kinder society and this whole tragedy could have been averted. But I digress.

You don't have to worry about the visuals. According to some reliable people in the sakuga community the first cour is almost done by now. The show has an extremely healthy schedule. Even if some animators choose to take a break due to the tragedy it won't affect much if anything.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I always see people defending the stance of being cold and distant. Even if you aren't impacted the bare minimum you could do is show a little respect. Think outside your selves and think about how other people are impacted by this tragedy. Yes the world is often an unforgiving and cruel place, but I don't think knowing that makes it any easier.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Fire Force fans got off lucky considering we're still waiting 23 years later for CLAMP to finish X/1999 after the Hanshin earthquake.
Bioshocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:55 pm Reply with quote
https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/culture/20190725-OYT1T50298/
Yomiuri Shimbun states Fire Force will be receiving modifications and edits going forward.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Bioshocker wrote:
https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/culture/20190725-OYT1T50298/
Yomiuri Shimbun states Fire Force will be receiving modifications and edits going forward.

I'm trying to decide if Google Translate is translating weird when it says "The color of the Fire Scene and Part of the Narration," Like... are they planning to change the color of the fire?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:06 am Reply with quote
Simply report trollish posts. Don't waste half the discussion responding with equally rude and trollish posts. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1