• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Crime Connections, Abusive Practices Come to Light in Yoshimoto Kogyo Entertainment Agency

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote
This issue is sure going on the huge debate, i hope Kogyo Yoshimoto can fix this up.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
This issue is sure going on the huge debate, i hope Kogyo Yoshimoto can fix this up.

Just wait until idol agencies get hit by these investigations, it's going to be a big mess of a situation. I just hope no idols get affected once the agencies are affected.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
The fact that yoshimoto kogyo is in deep with the yakuza is an open secret.
The only new thing is people actually speaking publicly about it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Fair Trade Commission also indicated that it was "a problem" that Yoshimoto did not have written contracts with its talent.

Whoa. That hasn't been a huge red flag until now??
vallum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:12 am Reply with quote
Huh? Wasn't the story a little bit different?
I mean, they probably do have connections with organized crime groups, but the president didn't really confirmed that, for obvious reasons.

To be short, a group of comedians attended a party organized by some crime group without before consulting Yoshimoto Kogyo, which is not common practice. To make things worse, when the story came to light they said they didn't got any money then, but further investigations revealed they actually did.
The guy who received most money wanted to arrange a press conference, but was stopped by the president of Yoshimoto Kogyo, who said he would only allow it if the comedian took all the blame and all of them have their contracts ended. So, alleged power harassment.
When the two guys who received most money actually have their contracts ended, they finally arranged a press conference, as Yoshimoto Kogyo couldn't stop them anymore. They said they didn't know the party was organized by a crime group, and only attended it because it was a group who was already recognized by Yoshimoto Kogyo, with some past interactions. So, alleged crime group connections.

And no, no Yoshimoto Kogyo's talents spoke up about abusive practices or power harassment suffered by THEM, they only talked about the press conferences, both by the two comedians and the president of Yoshimoto Kogyo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1