• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses 'Sexiled: My Sexist Party Leader Kicked Me Out, So I Teamed Up With a My

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I’m guessing in the final chapter they beat the shit out of a Shield Hero caricature

I have read all of the Shield Hero light novels that have been released in English and that doesn't make a bit of sense. Naofumi goes to great lengths to help those who have been betrayed which is seen spoiler[early on with Rishia and later with Kizuna the Hunting Hero. It is a pity that the anime didn't get to the 8th light novel since Kizuna is a great character and her sense of sarcasm reminded me of an otome protagonist].

Probably they, like me, are basing their view of Shield Hero - character and series - on the first episode of the anime, which was all I could stomach. Which is to say, it came off as the kind of story a bitter misogynistic incel would write to show how innocent men's entire lives are ruined by false rape accusations that evil women do just because. Nothing I've heard about the series since has convincingly suggested otherwise. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've got better things to spend my time on than watching/reading Shield Hero on the mere chance I am. Feel free to spoiler tag a brief rundown of why I'm wrong if so.

I read a few of the novels for article purposes. You're not wrong. At all.
RyumuruJireyes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Seems interesting; might have to check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3