• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Given Unites Fans' Love of Music and Romance

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeru-kun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 pm Reply with quote
When I first heard that this series getting animated, I immediately checked out the trailer and getting hyped for no reason (basically me to any other BL series that I love getting animated as well). Oh, and I didn't know about Given before (yeah I'm stupid, I know). After following this for weeks now, I feel like I'm being dragged to it, I feel some kind of.....resonance, I guess? Or maybe...spoiler[I'm just being envious at Mafuyu, on how his voice can change someone's world.] Oh, well.

The show is pretty slow-paced, but still loveable, but then.....you saw that scene where our super-duper-lovely-girl spoiler[Kasai-san told Uenoyama-kun about the rumors she heard of Mafuyu]. I couldn't contain my madness at all, my heart ached a lot, to the point where I want to read the manga to know what happened next. And yes I've read the manga now and it was worth the shot. The art in the manga is beautiful, but I still want to see those scenes getting animated. I want to see how good Lerche could bring out the emotion, the feelings between them, and most importantly, can't wait to hear Mafuyu actually sing in the anime! Hope it's gonna be good! Smile
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I’m fairly certain that Mafuyu is Autistic, especially when he talks about how he felt at his friend’s funeral. Having no way to fully express himself is also keying me in on his mentality.
Takeru-kun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:00 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
I’m fairly certain that Mafuyu is Autistic, especially when he talks about how he felt at his friend’s funeral.

You'll know what actually happened soon enough.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
I’m fairly certain that Mafuyu is Autistic, especially when he talks about how he felt at his friend’s funeral. Having no way to fully express himself is also keying me in on his mentality.

This is called "burnout". You don't need to be autistic in order to be emotionally exhausted at a critical moment in life.

Quote:
Oh right, this may be a show about boys loving boys, but let's not discount how great the girls are,
especially her
Code:

Honestly, I appreciate such characters, since yuri and BL usually have a hard time with characters of the opposite sex, if they are even present in the plot. In particular, I still remember how one BL openly mocked the MC's mother because she became a sex worker to rise him without a father.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:03 am Reply with quote
Takeru-kun wrote:

Next you'll be telling us that people die when they are killed.
Takeru-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:16 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Takeru-kun wrote:

Oh, should I? Anime smile + sweatdrop jk
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Takeru-kun wrote:

I mean... to be fair, not all anime character actually die when they are killed.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh Micchy and Andy, thanks for this. Such an entertaining article. I’m still laughing. You picked some of my favorite screenshots, esp. Haruhi trying to take a photo of sleeping Akihiko—that look on Haru’s face just slays me. So glad to see this show getting some well-deserved attention. Hope it brings in more viewers. It’s one of my favorites this season. And everyone should check out Steve’s weekly reviews—they’re terrific!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1