• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Planet Pokemon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Good to see about the Pokemon World event happening there, i wish i had attended it there.

The New Pokemon and its Galarian forms are nice, i am still happy to see some of these previous Pokemon having their own Galarian forms! Very Happy

The Team Yell also looks like, because i am always avid football/soccer who loves playing FIFA and PES on a daily basis. After all, who's with me?

Bubble Bobble is nice and i am so happy about it, i remember the time playing Bust-a-Move game back in the day on my old and abaonded PS1 console, it was a really good game!
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Team Bathwater will be the main villains or if they'll be stooges like Team Skull were.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
I wonder if Team Bathwater will be the main villains or if they'll be stooges like Team Skull were.

I don't think so, i still consider Team Yell to be the main villain. Also, i still think about Marnie to be the daughter of the leader of the villainous organizations. If the daughter of the leader organization reveals their true motives, then Marnie would have like to betray the Team Yell and allies herself with the player.

Marnie could also be an Ash's primary rival if Sword and Shield anime is being made, once the Sun and Moon anime is coming to an end.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
“this feels completely off and I'd be better emulating it on PC.” I'm looking at you, Zero Gunner 2.

Honestly, people should give Zero Gunner 2- a little bit of slack, especially since Zerodiv was utterly honest about the game from the very beginning. Unlike all of the other Psikyo ports, the source code for ZG2 had been lost, so Zerodiv literally had to recreate the game from scratch, likely only having any assets that they could grab from the Dreamcast port. Hell, that's even why it's called Zero Gunner 2 MINUS, because they're admitting that it's not going to be exactly like it originally was; not once did anyone say that this was going to be a perfect port. I'll admit that it could have been tweaked just a bit more, but I can live with what we got, especially since most companies wouldn't have even bothered to do such an endeavor, considering the situation it was in.

It's like how Daraku Tenshi: The Fallen Angels, Psikyo's 2D fighting game by the people who would move over to SNK & make King of Fighters '99, is not only finally getting its first ever console port from City Connection, but they're bothering to actually to properly finish the game, as it was originally released in arcades only mostly completed! I commend the team at Zerodiv/CC for actually going further than they really need to. I'm sure most studios would have simply skipped over Zero Gunner 2, since the source code wasn't around, and in most cases Fallen Angels would have simply been ported over as-is, incomplete game & all.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Marnie could also be an Ash's primary rival if Sword and Shield anime is being made, once the Sun and Moon anime is coming to an end.
Oh wow, we might finally get a Pokemon season where the female companion is one of Ash's rivals.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:17 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Oh wow, we might finally get a Pokemon season where the female companion is one of Ash's rivals.

I don't think so, Marnie could be Ash's rival in the anime, the female traviler would be like this:

For male traveling companion, i think he could be Allister.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The new Galarian forms look fantastic. I'm especially beginning to like Morpeko already, and think it could be Pikachu's new playmate in the vein of Togepi and Piplup when the inevitable Pokémon the Series: Sword and Shield anime comes out.

Whenever a new Pokémon game comes out worldwide, it's an event. I have a feeling that despite all the backlash they're getting, Sword and Shield could still manage to sell at least tens of millions of copies globally.
Amibite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

Bel already did that back in Best Wishes though

As far as Team Yell goes though, it's a bit disappointing this is the second "villain" team in a row that isn't really villainous, just misunderstood troublemakers. A pessimist might say they're purposely trying to soften the series.
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey all, just fixed a little bit of HTML that got messed up. The Bubble Bobble section should be more readable now.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Sword and Shield looking good as ever and the Gallar variants are pretty creative. And of course comparing gym battles to football is hilarious.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Amibite wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:

As far as Team Yell goes though, it's a bit disappointing this is the second "villain" team in a row that isn't really villainous, just misunderstood troublemakers. A pessimist might say they're purposely trying to soften the series.

That's apparently been the belief since they stopped making the rivals shitty people eventhough if you want to kind of be technical I believe this trend started with Silver whose shitty at the start but goes through some development towards the end of the game.

Unlike Gary whose an asshole throughout the entirety of Red-Blue- & Yellow.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Amibite wrote:

I meant in becoming Pokemon Champion. Iris entering Battle Club matches was great, but ultimately her and her Dragon Master hype didn't amount to much unfortunately.
Souther

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:30 am Reply with quote
Planning to get a Switch next week for Yugioh: Link Evolution, so it’s good to know there're some ports/ collections of older shmups coming out on it (like the Psikyo collection and ESP Ra.De). I have terrible memories of getting annihilated on Dragon Blaze (never made it past stage 4 on 1 credit, a necessity for Psikyo shmups since you restart the level you die on past stage 4) and almost 1-credit the first loop of Gunbird 2 but dying on the last boss who was almost dead. Only Psikyo game I managed to loop was Sol Divide.

Shield/Sword might be the first Pokemon game I’m considering buying since Ruby/Sapphire. Between breeding/hatching, IVs/EV training and trying to get the right nature and abilities, I got sick and tired of the series. My older brother tapped out for the same reasons after X/Y and swears never to buy another Pokémon game lol. But Shield/Sword looks incredible! Love the setting, trainer designs, some of the new Pokemon, new mechanics, etc. New Weezing is my favourite Pokemon design right now, it’s hilarious.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
Shield/Sword might be the first Pokemon game I’m considering buying since Ruby/Sapphire. Between breeding/hatching, IVs/EV training and trying to get the right nature and abilities, I got sick and tired of the series. My older brother tapped out for the same reasons after X/Y and swears never to buy another Pokémon game lol. But Shield/Sword looks incredible! Love the setting, trainer designs, some of the new Pokemon, new mechanics, etc. New Weezing is my favourite Pokemon design right now, it’s hilarious.

Second for me after I already got Let's Go, Pikachu! as my first Pokémon game since Gold and Silver. The Switch is definitely worth the money. I bought one in 2018, and it's very convenient for those who don't play video games that often anymore. I think the Sword and Shield games will be huge when they come out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1