• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Plunderer Anime Casts Ari Ozawa, Aoi Ichikawa, Yuichiro Umehara, Shizuka Itou

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:05 am Reply with quote
Funimation also revealed the 2 english voice actors for the main characters would be Eric Vale and Sarah wiedenheft.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Hope it adapts well! The manga is really fun Very Happy
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
@Lord Vaultman: Unless Funimation is planning same-day simuldub release and so they are not in so much of a time crunch casting for the leads, what advantages are there for announcing Sarah and Eric as the 2 leads this early?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@Lord Vaultman: Unless Funimation is planning same-day simuldub release and so they are not in so much of a time crunch casting for the leads, what advantages are there for announcing Sarah and Eric as the 2 leads this early?

You'd have to ask them that but it seems pretty clear that they already have at least some material to start casting. It's pretty interesting imo to hear they already have the 2 main characters chosen.
Plus to answer your advantage question (or to ask a question to your question) what advantage is there to Japan announcing their voice actors months in advance why cant funimation do the same?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1