• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
The last 2 pages have been culled for being completely off topic and a plethora of shitty posts. Seriously, you all kept that off topic and trollish debate going for a week, and then drove it further off topic onto the Star Wars debate. Yet none of you reported any of the trollish posts. Instead several of you compounding on the problem by responding and driving the discussion even further off topic, and were just as rude/trollish yourselves. So consider all of you participating in it warned. Report trollish and/or posts, do not respond in kind. Otherwise you might wind up moderated as well.
GrilleSechsH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
KarlFranz wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
GrilleSechsH wrote:
Lower Moon already told you what his blood art is.

I assume you mean the surviving Lower Demon Moon, but a) I don't recall him saying anything about his Blood Art and b) therefore don't know what bearing that has on it being called the Infinite Train, since the Hashira were already calling it that without knowing he was going to be involved.

So perhaps you could impart a bit more wisdom to this ignorant soul?

It just the name of that particular train. It like the company want to advertise their train to standout so they named it the Infinity Train to sound more special. It like the Titanic name. The name of the arc also have thematic meaning regarding the Lower Moon Blood Art. spoiler[He can put people to sleep and give them dream or nightmare.]

I was hoping people would go back and re-watch it, a few hints were laid out not just for the movie but further on. Now a small gripe for the series was them adding the demon to the train and them sending Rengoku. In the manga Shinobu tells Tanjiro they can send a crow to Rengoku to ask about Flame vs Fire. The gang gets on the train thinking they are going to Rengoku's turf, so at this point we don't know anything is up on the train until Rengoku says something.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Great ending and nice set up for the content. Too bad it's a movie as it's not a guarantee that it will come out globally before (I presume) a second season premiers. Hopefully the train arc isn't required content, though it looks like it is.

Regardless, looking forward to more. I hope they get us a release date soon =D
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 am Reply with quote
I just wrapped this series up, and I must say this was pretty solid throughout. I ended up putting off this series for other titles that were all pretty much a disappointment, but so was most of the Summer 2019 anime season.. so par for the course.

I would have preferred a 2nd season announcement rather then a movie, but so long as it holds up to the TV series it should be enjoyable.
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:57 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Great ending and nice set up for the content. Too bad it's a movie as it's not a guarantee that it will come out globally before (I presume) a second season premiers. Hopefully the train arc isn't required content, though it looks like it is.

Regardless, looking forward to more. I hope they get us a release date soon =D

Well, depend on where they end the movie it mayhave some required content. But the arc still pretty important cause it introduce a new character.
so751

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Literally binge-watched all 26 episodes over 3 days, definitely one of the better anime of 2019. ufotable's quality is amazing with this anime (esp. with Ep 19 as noted with ANN's review).

I started reading the manga from where the anime let off right after, and I can see why they're making the Demon Train arc a movie adaptation vs. another season though. I literally read through the entire arc in one (half of a) sitting.

Not to say that I've never done that, but it was honestly pretty short compared to most canon shonen manga arcs. Like, the plot of this arc wouldn't need a full season to develop, it's much more believable in the time span of a film. Plus, hopefully the quality either remains the same or improves with this adaptation being a film, since most films usually get a higher quality treatment.

spoiler[Also, with the length of a film, it'll make it even more impactful when Kyoujourou dies from the fight with Akaza. My guess is that they might wrap up the movie with Chapter 69 (from Chapter 53) covering the chapters with Kyoujourou's dad and brother along with Akaza's report to Muzan to lead into the next arc.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 20 of 20