• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Chidori RSC Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Clicked this because I had no idea what anime this was. "ライフル・イズ・ビューティフル" is literally "Rifle is Beautiful". I don't understand why that wasn't good enough lol. "Chidori RSC" is a weird localization.

Quote:
Machico as Hikari Kokura

Oh!! More voice roles for Machico!. that's reason enough for me to watch
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote
And so the mind-boggling name changes for stateside release this season continue.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
And so the mind-boggling name changes for stateside release this season continue.

I am guessing this name change is related to the crisis of gun violence in the United States. I would have been cool with the original title, but I get why it could have been problematic.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I'm starting to get really worried about this series. This show is about to premiere in a few weeks, and there hasn't been any PV of this whatsoever.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:

It is good that the show got licensed but that is a baffling title. Unless it was a copyright issue I don't know why Rifle is Beautiful would be changed to Chidori RSC. I did an Internet search and besides the Naruto attack the only thing that seems somewhat related is that Chidori can refer to lighting.

angelmcazares wrote:
I am guessing this name change is related to the crisis of gun violence in the United States.

The murder rate among US citizens from guns has barely changed in 50 years and the main issue is the mainstream media and their suspicious desire to take away constitutional rights.
Moontei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Yea, the name change is stupid. No reason unless there really was some kind of licensing issue.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
It is good that the show got licensed but that is a baffling title. Unless it was a copyright issue I don't know why Rifle is Beautiful would be changed to Chidori RSC. I did an Internet search and besides the Naruto attack the only thing that seems somewhat related is that Chidori can refer to lighting.

Chidori is the name of the high school the characters go to. The R and C in RSC presumably refer to rifle and club, considering the premise.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:44 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Chidori is the name of the high school the characters go to. The R and C in RSC presumably refer to rifle and club, considering the premise.
Well, if RSC is the abbreviation of "Rifle School Club" as I think, it makes a bit of sense. Still a completely mind-bogging and dumb choice of name though.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:20 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, give a name change to a series where the name is already in English. I guess calling it "Non-skiing-half of biathlon is beautiful" is just too long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1