• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blade of the Immortal Creator Hiroaki Samura's 'Wave, Listen to Me!' Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinbei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:03 am Reply with quote
Wait....WHAT??? Really??!! So cool... I've wanted to read this for so long but I waited for Kodansha to someday publish this in physical form..(talk about a pipe dream when it comes to Kodansha, amirite? -.-)

But daaayuumm.... when Mugen no juunin's starting season ends, we get more Samura right outta the bat ^^ I like that--
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:52 am Reply with quote
Meh, At first I thought this looked really promising with the adult cast and cool character designs but I watched the PV and this looks like yet another dumb anime comedy with over the top reaction faces, yelling and the like... because, of course, we don't have enough of those Rolling Eyes
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:57 am Reply with quote
The main characters voice sounded really familiar, I looked Riho Sugiyama up and I've never seen her in anything. Is that just a voice type she has?
Jinbei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:57 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Meh, At first I thought this looked really promising with the adult cast and cool character designs but I watched the PV and this looks like yet another dumb anime comedy with over the top reaction faces, yelling and the like... because, of course, we don't have enough of those Rolling Eyes

Uhh...yeah..well... Hiroaki Samura's newer works are pretty much divided between ultra-violent and rape-induced action stuff like Die Wergelder or oddball comedy with deep-digging references to Japanese underground musicians, retro console games and whatnot like Halcyon Lunch... so, unless you're a fan of the guy or the superb artstyle of his works, this might not be up to everyone's tastes. Still... any Samura series that gets animated, I'll get hyped about ^^

If you're not against reading from...uhh... online, you should check out his 1-2 volume short, Harukaze no Yukionna(sometimes written a bit differently), it's a historical series about a young noble and her servant getting mixed up into spying and KGB in 1930's Soviet Russia. Not for the queamish, though, as there's some hardcore scenes...
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:49 am Reply with quote
^^ Sounds pretty interesting indeed. Thanks for the tip!
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:04 am Reply with quote
Well that's a surprise for sure.
-Nata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
This is one of the better anime PV's I've seen. It looks nicely animated. Going to give it a shot.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:

Isn’t that exactly what it’s like to work as a radio personality?

Huh this looks fun. Surprised it’s made by the same guy who made Immortal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1