• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Anime's New Series Unveils Title, Cast, Staff, Global Winter D

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRPictures

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Hey that's cool and all Netflix but how about getting Funimation to finish their dub of the series after hogging the streaming rights from them to Season 2 and the finale eps? That'd be grand.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 pm Reply with quote
JRPictures wrote:
Hey that's cool and all Netflix but how about getting Funimation to finish their dub of the series after hogging the streaming rights from them to Season 2 and the finale eps? That'd be grand.

I second this
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
JRPictures wrote:

I second this

Third
Marakutanay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:48 pm Reply with quote
At the very least, I hope they keep the funi cast for this one like they (partially) did with the kabaneri movie.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Nice, so it really will cover the chapters skipped by season two, and hopefully it will end with an adaptation of the two-part epilogue that ran in Jump Giga. I wonder what the episode count will be, but what's with this "Winter 2019" premiere? Does it mean it will premiere in late December or should it actually say "Winter 2020"?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
JRPictures wrote:

I second this

Third

Fourth

seriously netflix just get a deal done with funimation already on this and give us the dub cast we all know and love
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Nice, so it really will cover the chapters skipped by season two, and hopefully it will end with an adaptation of the two-part epilogue that ran in Jump Giga. I wonder what the episode count will be, but what's with this "Winter 2019" premiere? Does it mean it will premiere in late December or should it actually say "Winter 2020"?

Clearly, this will happen after Saiki's powers cause the planet's time to roll back by a year again to prevent the end of the world. And we will all be brainwashed to think that Winter 2020 was Winter 2019 to avoid any discrepancies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TemplateR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
I I haven´t read the manga or watched the anime, so I don´t know what is the new Anime about. Is that a reboot? Or what is that?
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:21 am Reply with quote
TemplateR wrote:
I I haven´t read the manga or watched the anime, so I don´t know what is the new Anime about. Is that a reboot? Or what is that?

It is just an adaptation of the chapter that is not adapted yet.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:47 pm Reply with quote
So Netflix will brand this season as an original? I have been planning on watching this series but I didn't like the fact that it didn't have a latin-american spanish dub, probably due to Funimation having the rights. But if this season is a Netflix original, it's very probable that they will dub it. It would be nice if they could dub the previous episodes too. The same thing happened with Kabaneri, we didn't get the series, but the film was dubbed for Netflix
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
So Netflix will brand this season as an original? I have been planning on watching this series but I didn't like the fact that it didn't have a latin-american spanish dub, probably due to Funimation having the rights. But if this season is a Netflix original, it's very probable that they will dub it. It would be nice if they could dub the previous episodes too. The same thing happened with Kabaneri, we didn't get the series, but the film was dubbed for Netflix

Most likely. They seem to apply that label to anything that originally streams on Netflix, regardless of whether they were involved beyond that.

I'd really like it if Netflix contracted with Funimation to dub it. Same goes for season 2 of Takagi, since I have to assume eventually Netflix will release it outside Japan. I doubt if there are any contractual issues that prevent it, and Kabeneri at least serves as an example that the are willing to maintain casts. I think the bigger problem is whether Funimation would be willing to do it. FUnimation could do it as a contractor for Netflix, but my guess is that they would want some amount of streaming rights as part of it, which Netflix probably wouldn't allow. One possible solution that would at least work from a fan perspective is Netflix streams it, contracts Funimation to dub it, and then later on, Funimation gets home video rights. Netflix shows no sign of getting into the home video market for its anime, and other companies have release a little bit of their content on disc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1