• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Silent Hill Franchise Gets New Entry in Form of Slot Machine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 am Reply with quote
I have never read a more modern Konami headline in my life.
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:04 am Reply with quote
Silent Hill doesn't deserve this.
thezentris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
A lot of franchises I would easily give up if it meant SH could get another game that wasn't ruined by some 3rd party company or a damn gambling machine.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:43 am Reply with quote
RIP Silent Hill. 1999-2004, 2009 (Shattered Memories) and 2014 (PT). You are missed but not forgotten.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Words can't even begin to describe how insulting this is...
anddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 pm Reply with quote
A lack of pachislot development isn't going to magically create a new good Silent Hill. The series has been ceremoniously finished with the release of 4, this isn't exactly a big deal.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:58 am Reply with quote
Jim Sterling had a right laugh over this. Go watch his take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plFIqE0e2O8
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:04 pm Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:
I have never read a more modern Konami headline in my life.

Pretty much. I have to agree with Jim Sterling that one of the best things Konami could do for the franchises it has is license the rights for future games to other companies. It wouldn't stop Konami from milking them for money like this, but it would at least give someone else a chance to do something good with them and keep them more relevant as a result. Konami has been trying over and over with seemingly no real idea of what to do with Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Survive and the new Contra indicate that Konami doesn't care whether the games it publishes are garbage. Konami gets money, customers get games made by people that at least want to make good games.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:21 pm Reply with quote
anddo wrote:
A lack of pachislot development isn't going to magically create a new good Silent Hill. The series has been ceremoniously finished with the release of 4, this isn't exactly a big deal.

You haven't played P.T., have you?
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:21 pm Reply with quote
while not as good as 1-3, I thought the last 3 including down pour , shattered memories and homecoming were all decent. And who knows what could have been with PT.

Also dont forget Suikoden has also been left to rot by Konami, which while never as big in terms of popularity as DW and FF, is still one of the best jrpg series of all of time.
jellybeanbandit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Pretty much. I have to agree with Jim Sterling that one of the best things Konami could do for the franchises it has is license the rights for future games to other companies. It wouldn't stop Konami from milking them for money like this, but it would at least give someone else a chance to do something good with them and keep them more relevant as a result. Konami has been trying over and over with seemingly no real idea of what to do with Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Survive and the new Contra indicate that Konami doesn't care whether the games it publishes are garbage. Konami gets money, customers get games made by people that at least want to make good games.
I mean they already did that a few years ago with third party games for Silent Hill and Castlevania and everyone seemed to hate those games and call them crap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1