• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sword/Shield Games' Video Previews Gigantamax Forms

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:12 am Reply with quote
Was that a longcat reference? MEmetastic.
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:18 am Reply with quote
Meowth is a long boi
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am Reply with quote
I LOVE the designs for Gigantamax Charizard and Butterfree! They're both so awesome!
Also love how there's bonuses for Let's Go players with Pikachu and Eevee. I have Let's Go Eevee, so I'm really excited to get Eevee in my game (and probably start the breeding process ASAP so I can start getting the Eeveelutions, especially the ones for my final team). The Meowth is interesting, although I doubt I'll use the Meowth. However, still a nice early bonus!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 am Reply with quote
Aww, no Bigglypuff?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Fat Pikachu has returned! And holy COW I wanna snuggle that Eevee!

Top Gun wrote:
Bigglypuff

You WIN.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Also love how there's bonuses for Let's Go players with Pikachu and Eevee. I have Let's Go Eevee, so I'm really excited to get Eevee in my game (and probably start the breeding process ASAP so I can start getting the Eeveelutions, especially the ones for my final team).

I have Let's Go Eevee too, and got really attached, named him Ehvoi after what it sounded to me were its sounds. So if I get Eevee early I am thinking they might have a place on my team until I find a longer replacement. My Let's Go Eevee team also had the three original Eeveelutions, so I doubt I will bring them back on. Sylveon kind of ended up my favourite Eeveelution through my Moon playthrough, so much so I had him along with Mimikyu, and had to fight myself to not use again in Ultra Sun to not feel like repeating. I also have already decided that I will make my team be able to use both Alcremie and Ponyta, so could have overlap with both Sylveon and Espeon, especially if I want to bring Meowstic, which became my favourite Pokémon in X and Y. Never been able to get Umbreon to work in my teams, leaving just Glaceon and Leafeon that I oddly have not much of opinions.

In terms of the new Gigantimax forms, kind of had to get it pointed out a bit how they kind of had meaning.

Gigantimax Pikachu Red and Blue Pikachu
Gigantimax Eevee Yellow version Eevee

Maybe not the exact same, but it feels kind of similar with Pikachu chubbier with a longer long thing tail and one foot up, and Eevee with the fluff kind of looking larger and one front paw up.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I love seeing the Gigantamax forms of these classic G1 Pokemon, especially Butterfree and Charizard. I'm also excited for the return of chonky Pikachu. Meowth's design I'm more mixed on. Gigantamax battling just looks like a lot of fun.
Expias

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
What's the difference between Dynamax and Gigantamax?
Super_M

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:50 pm Reply with quote
This video have high dislike ratio.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
It'd be nice if Game Freak remembered Gens 2-7. Only the Zigzagoon line has gotten updated so far this gen and the last from those gens. Not even a Z move or Alolan form for any of them. And now gigantamaxing is just gen 1 and 8 so far.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Basically, fudge Galar.
Danny123100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Expias wrote:
What's the difference between Dynamax and Gigantamax?

All Pokemon are able to Dynamax, however Dynamax just makes them larger. Only certain Pokemon are capable of Gigantamaxing though, and that will completely change their form along with making them bigger.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
This video have high dislike ratio.

I'd guess from people tired of Gen 1 pandering or people still mad about The Great Pokemon Culling.

Somer-_- wrote:
It'd be nice if Game Freak remembered Gens 2-7. Only the Zigzagoon line has gotten updated so far this gen and the last from those gens. Not even a Z move or Alolan form for any of them. And now gigantamaxing is just gen 1 and 8 so far.

Gamefreak said they're basing all future games off Go and Let's Go so future looks grim in that area. Go was too successful on the nostalgia hype to disregard. Which sucks for us folks whos favorite Pokemon are in later gens and when certain Pokemon would obviously work better than others but they're not Gen 1 so they get ignored. The fact tropical Pokemon like Tropius or actual Sun and Moon Pokemon like Solrock and Lunatone weren't even in Sun and Moon at all seem like such a obvious oversight.

I loved Black and White's bold move to have only new Pokemon until you beat the game. One of the reasons Gen 5 is so distinct and remembered.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I’m sure there will be more than gen 1 Pokemon in the game but they’re not going to spoil everything when the game is like a month away from release.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:07 am Reply with quote
I am really happy about adding old gen with their own Dynamaxing forms, these desings are totally awesome and it makes it extremely unique and special, not only because Eevee, Pikachu, Charizard, and Butterfree are the four most popular and well-known Pokemon species out there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1