• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Psycho-Pass 3

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Psycho-Pass 3 is currently streaming world-wide on Amazon Prime Video.

It is not available world-wide as the United States does not have access to this show. May want to update your article.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

It is not available world-wide as the United States does not have access to this show. May want to update your article.

Wait what?
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

Wait what?

It may actually be North America, but I can't confirm with anyone in Canada or Mexico. Everyone I've asked here in the US gets a "This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location" message whenever they view the series page. It doesn't show up in any available search either for us.
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
If the next episodes are going to keep this quality, I'll be happy. The guys Production I.G seem aware of how Mika is disliked by the fan so she is more of a comic relief. The two new inspectors make an interesting dynamic.

While Kaji's character is quite innocent, it appears he has quite dark side while his skills at deducting stuff are awesome. He kind of reminds me to Yagami from Judgment but quite younger.
ttg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

Wait what?

It may actually be North America, but I can't confirm with anyone in Canada or Mexico. Everyone I've asked here in the US gets a "This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location" message whenever they view the series page. It doesn't show up in any available search either for us.

Yeah. I got the same message and found nothing via searching. It doesn't seem available in the US yet.
EiMs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

Wait what?

Yeah it's Amazon US fault pretty much everyone on prime video and Germany with UK on their Amazon sites has episode. Maybe they will fix it till other episode.
pi8you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

Wait what?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the first two seasons being on Amazon but not included with Prime Video in the US, and differences of opinion between the parties involved on whether or not that should be changed (offhand, I can't think of any other show they've streamed where that's been an issue going in, so maybe they didn't think to have that conversation ahead of time). Whatever the cause though, I wish they'd sort it out quickly so I can watch this new crew of broody detectives.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:25 pm Reply with quote
EiMs wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

Wait what?

Yeah it's Amazon US fault pretty much everyone on prime video and Germany with UK on their Amazon sites has episode. Maybe they will fix it till other episode.

Funimation didn't pull a shocker for english speaking countries did they? Because I still really want an english dub.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:26 pm Reply with quote
i got a feeling that it region locked on amazon cause it will eventually do a dub version on funi!

i mean its the only logical explnation i can think of!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching the opening for this series a couple of times.

And when I got to Arata hallucinating a wolf-monster I went "I sure bet this guy going to have some hyper-empathy superpowers to track serial killers.".

And yeah... while he's not a one to one with Will Graham, the fact that he has the same abilities and also hallucinates an half-animal monster makes me think Tow Ubukata was cribbing notes. Also the same hair. Half expected him to say something like "This is my design", during his mentalist sessions.

I do dislike how Tow just didn't want to bother writing Akane and put her in a box. It would be more interesting if she turned enforcer at least. Akane was pretty much the thematic backbone of the series and seeing her get sidelined is lame.

Also don't like how the new enforcers don't really matter. I thought being an enforcer happened because you were too good at being a detective, why are the two inspectors now more competent detectives than the enforcers? Why do the enforcers have one-bit personalities.

And the villains are so far boring and it's odd how they're not already caught by Sybil, but eh... there's still time for them to be interesting.

And the new characters are likable enough despite that.

Also the Op and Ed are cool.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Richard's byline is missing.

I'm disappointed to see Tow Ubukata is back doing the series composition and writing. I look forward to a complete, nonsensical mess, unless Makoto Fukami can restrain him.

That said, I do really like Kei and Arata, although Kei's character design looks uncannily like Charles from the Webtoon "Let's Play." That's going to bug me all season. Smile

Looks like I'm going to need to see the Sinners of the System movies to begin to make sense of this so far though. Last I remembered, the Director old lady had been outed as a droid or something, so I was surprised to see her again. It's been awhile though, and I've kinda suppressed a lot of memories of the second season to avoid the PTSD.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Is it necessary to watch the Sinners of the System movies first? Because those still aren't legally accessible outside Japan yet, it seems. (Also I skipped season 2 because a friend strongly suggested I not watch it, so I went straight to the film).

As for Amazon, I have called their customer service, and they don't seem to know what the problem is either, whether publisher or website or whatnot. The person on the phone assured me that it will probably stream "soon" in the US, but they gave no official time frame.
Richard Eisenbeis
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
EiMs wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:

Wait what?

Funimation didn't pull a shocker for english speaking countries did they? Because I still really want an english dub.

Hey guys, sorry about that line causing so much confusion. It's totally my bad. The official website states it is airing in Japan as well as "abroad"--which I took to mean world wide as is usually the case with Amazon.

Moreover, as I am in Japan, I can't actually watch the episode on the US amazon due to region locking (I just watch it on Japanese amazon). When I saw it it was up on the English prime site, I assumed it could, you know, be watched in the US... but that's what I get for making assumptions.

Anyway, I'll contact those up the flagpole about getting the article edited. In the meantime, sorry again for confusing everyone.
Richard Eisenbeis
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Doodleboy wrote:
I do dislike how Tow just didn't want to bother writing Akane and put her in a box. It would be more interesting if she turned enforcer at least. Akane was pretty much the thematic backbone of the series and seeing her get sidelined is lame.

I think it's a good choice for causing a major shake up and letting the new characters have room to develop. However, you're right that she is the backbone of the series and there needs to be some serious payoff to her being in jail.

Doodleboy wrote:
Also don't like how the new enforcers don't really matter. I thought being an enforcer happened because you were too good at being a detective, why are the two inspectors now more competent detectives than the enforcers? Why do the enforcers have one-bit personalities.

To be an Enforcer, as I understand it, you need to be a latent criminal with the capacity to think outside the box like true criminals--but capacity and inclination are two different things. I think it's clear that Irie and Todoroki are enforcers for the perks--aka, the limited freedom they get. As for them being one-bit... well, it's only episode one, after all.

Gina Szanboti wrote:

Richard's byline is missing.

Oh! Thanks for the catch. I hope we can get that fixed!

Gina Szanboti wrote:

Looks like I'm going to need to see the Sinners of the System movies to begin to make sense of this so far though. Last I remembered, the Director old lady had been outed as a droid or something, so I was surprised to see her again. It's been awhile though, and I've kinda suppressed a lot of memories of the second season to avoid the PTSD.

In PP2, the specific brain inhabiting the body of the Director at that time met her end. However, there are many different brains who take and use that body. This is just another one.

As for seeing Sinners of the System, I recommend it. While it has almost no impact as of PP3 episode one, it is all about the world outside of Japan, how Japan interacts with the rest of the world, and a militaristic faction inside the government building almost a counter team to Akane's own--all couched within some good personal stories.

LegitPancake wrote:

Is it necessary to watch the Sinners of the System movies first? Because those still aren't legally accessible outside Japan yet, it seems. (Also I skipped season 2 because a friend strongly suggested I not watch it, so I went straight to the film).

Honestly, go back and watch PP2. While I know many disliked it and, it no doubt had some issues, I thought it was fantastic. The villains overall mission and how it relates to the Sybil System is a fascinating next step--and then you have Mika. She is a terrifying character and shows the point of insane indoctrination people have under the Sybil System. Having her as the boss adds a massive feeling of dread to PP3--something not there unless you've seen PP2.

And yes, try and watch Sinners of the System too if you legally can. It greatly adds to PP2 and the PP Movie. And while it's not relevant in PP3 yet, I have a sneaking suspicion it soon will be.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
so do I need to see the new psycho pass movies that haven't been released in the US yet, to understand PP3?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3