• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Psycho-Pass 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
so do I need to see the new psycho pass movies that haven't been released in the US yet, to understand PP3?

Yes, because they introduced a new character which was mentioned in PP3 for a brief moment in the first episode. And judging how PP3 is going, this character will become important later on. Also each movie has little hints which are bringing together in PP3 from the look of it.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
so do I need to see the new psycho pass movies that haven't been released in the US yet, to understand PP3?

Yes, because they introduced a new character which was mentioned in PP3 for a brief moment in the first episode. And judging how PP3 is going, this character will become important later on. Also each movie has little hints which are bringing together in PP3 from the look of it.

Well that sucks for everyone outside of Japan and Spain (https://ramenparados.com/selecta-vision-licencia-la-trilogia-de-peliculas-de-psycho-pass/) since there is not legal way to watch them, with the only options now being pirating or just not watching season 3 until they get licensed.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Richard Eisenbeis wrote:

Honestly, go back and watch PP2. While I know many disliked it and, it no doubt had some issues, I thought it was fantastic. The villains overall mission and how it relates to the Sybil System is a fascinating next step--and then you have Mika. She is a terrifying character and shows the point of insane indoctrination people have under the Sybil System. Having her as the boss adds a massive feeling of dread to PP3--something not there unless you've seen PP2.

And yes, try and watch Sinners of the System too if you legally can. It greatly adds to PP2 and the PP Movie. And while it's not relevant in PP3 yet, I have a sneaking suspicion it soon will be.

I'm glad a reviewer really liked season 2. I do agree season 2 had its problems (I still stand by my opinion if they had made it a two course they could be fleshed out the story better) but it still asked some really fantastic questions which is the core of what makes the world of Psycho pass so cool.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 pm Reply with quote
PSA for American viewers:
Psycho-Pass 3 has been available on Amazon Prime Video this WHOLE TIME, but searching "Psycho-Pass 3" gives no good results.
You have to search Psycho-Pass3 with no space.
Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Laelaps-Calling/dp/B07ZHHQN88

Amazon really sucks, huh.
UNiP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:24 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
PSA for American viewers:
Psycho-Pass 3 has been available on Amazon Prime Video this WHOLE TIME, but searching "Psycho-Pass 3" gives no good results.
You have to search Psycho-Pass3 with no space.
Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Laelaps-Calling/dp/B07ZHHQN88

Amazon really sucks, huh.

I found this out right before I have time for EP02 - such a stupid thing lol
Kaeru89

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:31 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

No but it would increase your understanding of some things in the new series

Thanks so much for reviewing these, I really love the series Smile
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:50 am Reply with quote
The pacing IS weird-- but I suspect each hour-long episode is being written as two half-hour episodes.

The first season of PSYCHO-PASS was 22 half-hour episodes, but then they went back and made the Extended Edition where they combined the episodes into hour-longs (with some additions). I'm wondering if I go back and re-watch it, will it have similar strange breaks?
RaiKageRyu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:23 am Reply with quote
Just so it is known. It's available in Canada just fine.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
The show is really going in some interesting directions. I'm not completely sold on everything yet but I sense a VERY VERY BIG CONUNDRUM for the Sibyl system coming up here soon.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Six episodes in and I think I can say with confidence that I DO NOT like this season at all. Psycho-Pass has never been about grand conspiracies with multiple political factions going against each other. It's about the individual's attempts to expose the weaknesses of the social system and overthrow it. While I do admit that I am impressed with the decision to further expand the world in this season, the way the story unfolds hasn't really been able to excite me thus far. The villains are bland, the mysteries are boring, and the heroes have yet been able to receive development of particular significance. The pacing is also over the place, and with only two episodes left, I wonder how they are going to explain Bifrost, the Foxes, the Foreign Affairs' mission, and whatever loose plot holes there are.

So far, Season 2, while having a major flaw in being a complete rehash of Season 1, is looking to be much better than this season.
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Quote:
Psycho-Pass 3 is currently streaming world-wide on Amazon Prime Video.

It is not available world-wide as the United States does not have access to this show. May want to update your article.

Wait what?

It may actually be North America, but I can't confirm with anyone in Canada or Mexico. Everyone I've asked here in the US gets a "This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location" message whenever they view the series page. It doesn't show up in any available search either for us.

Mexican here, Psycho Pass is available in Amazon Prime here.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:47 am Reply with quote
frankiebowman wrote:
I really liked everything psycho pass up to this point, and I even like a lot of this. What I don't like is having immigration, transgender, and other PC politics thrown at me every episode. I mean, come on, if I wanted that sort of crap, I'd watch Western shows... Crying or Very sad

To be fair, they were setting this up since the first movie. It was quite obvious the system wanted to expand its reach there. It was only a matter of time before these issues were addressed and I am glad they were. Religion, immigration, ect play a big part on people's mentality and stress. If the system wants to "evolve" the way it said it wanted to in season 1 and 2, this was the chorus of action season 3 needed to take. After all, in season 1, Kogami and Makishima figured out its weakness was immigration. It would make sense for them to do away with that weakness after season 1 events if they want to remain in charge. I for one find it interesting.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I personally don't think they can wrap up everything if this is supposed to be a series finale. There's so much left unanswered and I'm hoping for either a 4th season or finale movie.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm Reply with quote
My fears for the last episode turned out to be real: A "finale" that serves no explanatory purpose whatsoever. The whole series is basically a textbook example of how NOT to write a proper sci-fi anime - a lack of resemblance of a clear overarching story with well-fleshed out themes and character arcs, and the writers were merely digging up more and more plot holes along the way so that the producers could make more Psycho-Pass in the future. In other words, Season 3 is just a trailer for Season 4 or whatever movie they plan to come up in the future. A complete waste of time.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Well.... It was an improvement over Psycho-Pass 2 at least? That was both a waste of time and terrible to witness unfold. Psycho-Pass 3 just feels like an unfinished work. Like it should of had another cour but I.G. ran out of time and budget and had to make do with what they had. Still complete lack of answers about anything is not a good hook to leave things for a next season.

Also....
frankiebowman wrote:
I really liked everything psycho pass up to this point, and I even like a lot of this. What I don't like is having immigration, transgender, and other PC politics thrown at me every episode. I mean, come on, if I wanted that sort of crap, I'd watch Western shows... Crying or Very sad

Hi there, Nazi troll. Cry more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3