• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SIE Shuts Down PlayStation Vue TV Service on January 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:08 am Reply with quote
I never subscribed to Vue, but I did get annoyed when an icon for it would keep coming back to the PS4 main menu anytime Sony had something on it they wanted to promote. Even if I deleted it to avoid clutter, Sony would stick it back on there, which felt very intrusive.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Damn, looks like I'll have to find another way to watch Shark Week when the time comes.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I never subscribed to Vue, but I did get annoyed when an icon for it would keep coming back to the PS4 main menu anytime Sony had something on it they wanted to promote. Even if I deleted it to avoid clutter, Sony would stick it back on there, which felt very intrusive.

Agreed. Sorry for those who liked it, but hopefully now it will stay gone.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:02 am Reply with quote
I switched from PS Vue to YouTubeTV when Sony got into a contract dispute with NESN, the channel that carries Red Sox baseball games, and NESN disappeared from the service. I'm quite happy with YouTubeTV except for its program guide which doesn't cover the week ahead like the one at PS Vue does. YTTV has the channels I want, and fewer of those I don't want compared to other options.

I doubt YouTubeTV will be going anywhere anytime soon. It was a major advertiser on the World Series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1