• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Digital Manga Tool Clip Studio Paint Distributes Free Software to 10,000 Texas Schools

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:35 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME But I don't live in Texas Sad . Hope the Texans like it though.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I saw this program in the local computer store. The basic version costs $60.
The full-up, pro version is $230.
The full-up version is what gives you the animation studio tools. The basic lets you do GIF animation but that's about it.
Still, $60 for a drawing program that looks like it can do what Manga Studio does with decent fill-in color (hopefully better than the Paint Bucket in PhotoShop!) isn't bad.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:11 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
The full-up version is what gives you the animation studio tools. The basic lets you do GIF animation but that's about it.
Still, $60 for a drawing program that looks like it can do what Manga Studio does with decent fill-in color (hopefully better than the Paint Bucket in PhotoShop!) isn't bad.

It's used by a lot of manga and light novel artists, and it's used as part of the workflow in many anime studios.

The fill feature works well. The only trouble I've ever had is with sharp points. Either the program will leave a few blank pixels at the tip, or if there's a gap, there might be a little blob of color spilling outside. Either way, it's easy to fix.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:51 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:

Clip Studio is/was Manga Studio BTW. When Smith Micro licensed it from Celsys, they changed the name. Then when Celsys got control back, they changed the name back.
Puniyo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:53 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:

I've been using it for a few years now. The software also goes on sale every year for about $30 on their website, which is what I paid for it. It's a pretty great software with a massive asset library, tbh. I had some niggles about how some brushes acted initially, but the asset store has free bruhes that replicate photoshop and sai's brushes and how they act, so it's like having the best of each software.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1