• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hi Score Girl's Rensuke Oshikiri Launches Crowdfunding for Zashiki-Warashi no Tatami-chan Horr

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
Never heard of Makuake. Upon looking at the site, looks like the crowdfunding campaign is only open for people living in Japan. Suppose the campaign is a success, I wonder where exactly Tatami-chan would be distributed. Would it be also available internationally?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Never heard of Makuake. Upon looking at the site, looks like the crowdfunding campaign is only open for people living in Japan. Suppose the campaign is a success, I wonder where exactly Tatami-chan would be distributed. Would it be also available internationally?
Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.

Was that only for things actually 100% funded? Everything I see on there is "All In", so they're created regardless of funding, opposite of Kickstarter's "All or Nothing"
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
]Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.

I see. Thanks for bringing those up (I forgot that In This Corner of the World had a crowdfunding campaign).
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
OjaruFan2 wrote:

Was that only for things actually 100% funded? Everything I see on there is "All In", so they're created regardless of funding, opposite of Kickstarter's "All or Nothing"

Oh, Zashiki-Warashi no Tatami-chan's Makuake crowdfunding is also the "All In" model, although as with crowdfunding projects in general, there is no guarantees that the project will be completed as planned.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather have an anime of Misu Misou. This looks ok though, i guess
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1