• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Kemono Michi All Bark and No Bite?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Cleaned up the thread and can't really believe I saw a forum version of "I know you are but what am I?" in the year 2019. Also "virtue signaling" isn't real. Any discussion of it was removed. Back to the wrestling show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Netero wrote:
Quote:
Satania from Gabriel DropOut is basically the exact same character as Carmilla, but ... we're not getting a face full of her panties.

Maybe, but was seeing her on the toilet really necessary?

Satania is a weird comparison to make tbh. At some point it felt like she existed just to be Raphi's torture-slave.
Like, she often was put into a bad spot just for existing - with said Raphi as a vehicle often. It was entirely mean.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:

Kemono Michi is the funniest shows of the season and that is partly because it actually takes the feminist equality rhetoric at face value and treats the female characters exactly the same as the male characters. That ruffled some feathers with Konosuba and the same thing is happening with Kemono Michi and if it was a group of male characters getting a german suplex no one would be calling it mean-spirited.

Eh, only if we got up close and personal with gently swathed penises. Wink The issue isn't with the suplexes, it's all the bizarre titillation/humilation that *only* happens with the female characters. For all the male furries, they get sexual assault played for laughs. Hooray! Laughing /sarcasm

Personally, it seemed to me that the "joke" was more about how it looked like sexual violence, and was not a real scene of it. But even so, I am still scared by the idea that the author considers jokes about "gay bestial sexual violence" funny. Oh, even just writing about it is awkward.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Eh, only if we got up close and personal with gently swathed penises. Wink The issue isn't with the suplexes, it's all the bizarre titillation/humilation that *only* happens with the female characters.

The fanservice is more obvious with Kemono Michi than Konosuba since it was seen within 3 minutes of the first episode. The fanservice though is infrequent by ecchi standards and there are more scenes in this series where the protagonist throws guys into walls for praising him as the demon beast killer. I get that this type of comedy is not for everyone but it is following the Konosuba formula of gradually learning about this group of misfits and episode 6 had some genuine heart to it.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:11 am Reply with quote
Well, thanks for reminding me that this show exists. I enjoyed the first ep. but completely forgot about it afterwards for whatever reason...will try to catch up if i find the time.
Kirki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:37 am Reply with quote
Not really digging it. The writing is clever and time passes by pretty quickly, but the combination of wrestling and animals just doesn't bide well in my opinion, and the characters fall pretty flat. Konosuba had a whole other level of charisma.

If you need something to laugh this season, most recommended should be Mairimashita Iruma kun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3