• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Dubs for 'High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World,' 'Didn't

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Wait, Claire Corlett?! As in, Sweetie Belle from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Claire Corlett?! She's working on an anime now?! But isn't this an LA dub? Isn't Claire in Canada? WHOOOOOOOAAAAA.

Also Veronica Taylor's playing a lead role in an anime again. Sweet!
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad to see crunchyroll getting more and more serious with doing dubs for their shows. I hope they can keep it up even more in the future.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty all-star cast for High School Prodigies. Is this the first time Chris Hackney has played the lead character in an anime? Now he's gone from being the Prince of Faerghus to the Japanese Prime Minister.

Claire Corlett is new to me, but seeing Colleen, Veronica Taylor, and Sarah Williams as main characters in a new anime is pretty nice.
geepee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
I'm really glad to see crunchyroll getting more and more serious with doing dubs for their shows. I hope they can keep it up even more in the future.

They are. They are even producing foreign dubs(which is helping a lot in some regions like Latin America,which was lacking in dubbed anime outside of Netflix stuff lately)
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Also, I still wish Crunchy would dub Yuru Camp and Place Further Than The Universe some time.
Marakutanay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
That's a pretty all-star cast for High School Prodigies. Is this the first time Chris Hackney has played the lead character in an anime?

He was Basara in Testament of Sister New Devil.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:14 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Also, I still wish Crunchy would dub Yuru Camp and Place Further Than The Universe some time.

Yes please.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:43 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

I am sure they will dub them, but I am more interested on disc releases.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:05 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Crunchyroll making more simuldubs and it's great to see Colleen and Veronica in more shows. I hope they'll also dub the Bookworm show. I also second they need to dub Laid Back Camp and Placed Promised and they also need to dub Given.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:02 am Reply with quote
Marakutanay wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
That's a pretty all-star cast for High School Prodigies. Is this the first time Chris Hackney has played the lead character in an anime?

He was Basara in Testament of Sister New Devil.

You know, if Funi had dubbed ToSND, I would be surprised if they didn't get Josh Grelle to voice Basara. That is, given that he is basically their go-to guy for harems. However, Austin Tindle, Eric Vale, and Justin Briner have also occasionally been the main guys in harems.
JRPictures

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Wait, Claire Corlett?! As in, Sweetie Belle from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Claire Corlett?! She's working on an anime now?! But isn't this an LA dub? Isn't Claire in Canada? WHOOOOOOOAAAAA.

Also Veronica Taylor's playing a lead role in an anime again. Sweet!

Yeah, that's indeed Claire Corlett. According to her website, she's living in L.A. now so it adds up
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
geepee wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

They are. They are even producing foreign dubs(which is helping a lot in some regions like Latin America,which was lacking in dubbed anime outside of Netflix stuff lately)

I guess I should have been more specific. I'm mainly referring to english dubs and how far behind they have usually been from when the show aired. It seems like they are finally starting to improve on that front now which is good. We need more dubs faster and not months or years after the show aired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1