• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this episode. Not only was it nice to see Naruto with his family without Boruto behaving like a pouty brat the whole time, but it was also great to see Naruto hanging out with the Beasty Boys. We really need more episodes like this one.
Zefram

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I know Naruto is exhausted from overwork, but he keeps napping even on his days off. What happened to his stamina? It seems that every episode has him either sleeping or being tired, is that a theme or some kind of consequence of something, like in those novels I heard about?
Danny123100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Zefram wrote:
I know Naruto is exhausted from overwork, but he keeps napping even on his days off. What happened to his stamina? It seems that every episode has him either sleeping or being tired, is that a theme or some kind of consequence of something, like in those novels I heard about?

Most likely it's gonna be something addressed in the novels, since they will probably all get animated once they are all out and finished and when they want to start to explore that.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:19 am Reply with quote
I never asked my parents how they got together, though my mom didn't seem to need prompting on that score (though I heard a very different story from my aunt after my parents died, so I don't know which is true now).

But I did find it hard to buy that they were all so clueless about Sasuke. Then again, the Leaf has buried so much of its dirt that I shouldn't be too surprised that they covered this up too.

Other than that, I really had fun watching this. Especially Sasuke's reaction to Boruto's questions. They should do more stuff like this. I'm quite happy to see Boruto gradually losing the chip on his shoulder about his dad, so the sooner it's completely gone, the better.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I never asked my parents how they got together, though my mom didn't seem to need prompting on that score (though I heard a very different story from my aunt after my parents died, so I don't know which is true now).

But I did find it hard to buy that they were all so clueless about Sasuke. Then again, the Leaf has buried so much of its dirt that I shouldn't be too surprised that they covered this up too.

Other than that, I really had fun watching this. Especially Sasuke's reaction to Boruto's questions. They should do more stuff like this. I'm quite happy to see Boruto gradually losing the chip on his shoulder about his dad, so the sooner it's completely gone, the better.

and it will come right back during the start of the kawaki when naruto became the ULTIMATE HYPOCRITE!

Quote:
While it paves the way for some decent comedy, Sarada and Boruto's naivety make them seem far younger than they are, and their cluelessness about basic Hidden Leaf history just makes them seem unnaturally oblivious—especially Sarada, who's supposed to be smarter than Boruto. Still, it's fun to see the kids and adults interact naturally in a low-stress setting, even if the core joke grows stale. Hopefully, all this table-setting pays off as a seemingly ambitious storyline unfolds in the coming weeks.

kinda obvious. its because lord 7th more or less pulled a 3rd and have some of the past revealed, while sealing all the very bad stuff like saskue going all bad guy as well sarada's clan being the main reason behind that war in the first place and placing the blame all on kaguya and her clan!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In the end, Boruto, a child, is the only one who's able to put two and two together and figure out Urashiki's interest in the relic.

Well to be fair, I think he's maybe the only one who's seen the symbol on the relic before (though I can't remember when, or who else might've had the opportunity to see it before now).

This was a decent table-setter, but I'm eagerly looking forward to this storyline. Not sure I've ever thought that about Boruto before.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Quote:
In the end, Boruto, a child, is the only one who's able to put two and two together and figure out Urashiki's interest in the relic.

Well to be fair, I think he's maybe the only one who's seen the symbol on the relic before (though I can't remember when, or who else might've had the opportunity to see it before now).

This was a decent table-setter, but I'm eagerly looking forward to this storyline. Not sure I've ever thought that about Boruto before.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!!!!!

its very well known that kishimoto's wife was a MASSIVE NARUSAKU SHIPPER, so its possible that this time traveling arc might be a way to appease those fans!

THAT OR PULL AN EUREKA 7 AO!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:18 pm Reply with quote
^ Please stop shouting at me.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
I can't remember when, or who else might've had the opportunity to see it before now.

In a bit of serendipity, just last weekend Adult Swim ran the episode where we first saw the symbol, in the cave where the mutant multi-Zetsu was hanging out. So Sarada, Mitsuki and Konohamaru have seen it too. The latter should have definitely remembered it.

This was a pretty good episode, but it certainly got me in the feels during the boys' night in part, especially the midnight chat scene. But they could've made it even better if Boruto had shown more of a sense of really "getting" how pitiful his dad's childhood was. I don't think he's too young for that level of empathy.
zfunk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:18 pm Reply with quote
So just me or is Boruto's sweater vest look similar to Marty McFly's jacket, coincidence?
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:57 am Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:
So just me or is Boruto's sweater vest look similar to Marty McFly's jacket, coincidence?

HA! that moment with his mom is the actual McFly moment .

Quote:
Since she's always observing her crush, it's fitting that Hinata quickly notices the resemblance between Boruto and his father, even though no one else seems to. (How often do these kids encounter people with whisker-scars?)

tell that too some people who was creeped out by the whole thing. some of them declaring that these filler eps are getting waaaaaaaaay too close into the realm of certain fanfictions online!

SPECIFICALLY those 18+ ero fanart comiket doujins where some fans in other forums and on crunchyroll's official youtube channel are already giving THAT scene the ol "SWEET HOME ALABAMA" treatment!!!!!!!!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
One would think certain aspects of Naruto's backstory—being ostracized by the village at large and struggling to contain Kurama, for example—would be common knowledge to his immediate family.

I think you overestimate the closeness of many families. My sister made a tape interviewing my mom when she was nearing her end, and we were all astonished to learn she'd had a brother whom none of us had ever heard of, nor any of our aunts and uncles had ever mentioned. He died in childhood, but still, you'd have thought his name would've come up at some point.

When, exactly would Naruto have had this heart-to-heart with his son about his past? He's hardly ever home, and when he is, the kid treats him like a stranger, because he mostly is. Hinata probably doesn't feel like it's her place to reveal his past, if he hasn't chosen to.

I agree that it seems like he would've at least heard some rumors around town (though it's hard to imagine the townsfolk who knew going, "Wow, we sure used to treat him like shit, but look how well he turned out in spite of how awful and cruel we were!"), but if so, he probably brushed them off as fiction or exaggeration as soon as he heard them. Seeing it firsthand, though, kinda drives it home.

I don't know how Jiraya could not know. At that point only Minato, Jiraya and Naruto (maybe Kakashi with his copy ninjutsu?) even knew how to do the Rasengan, so seeing Boruto use it would certainly raise all kinds of red flags. I also thought Boruto's version had a weird delayed action and invisibility component, and was surprised he just launched an ordinary one.
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 am Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:

Sasuke: "By my calculations, when this Naruto gets up to 4 tails... you're gonna see some serious s**t"
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:36 pm Reply with quote
This is basically the kind of stuff I was hoping for in this arc, so good job.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:11 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
This is basically the kind of stuff I was hoping for in this arc, so good job.

not really. canonwise it might cause issues!

too many people have seen them now and the only way out would be to erase everyone's memories except for the time traveling duo and the pervy sage.

but the problem is that no one knows a justu that do that outside of the original movies! same for time traveling.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the turtle will fix everything. I'm certainly not going to complain about something that might but probably won't be a problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 31