• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma GN 31 & 32

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
This series sadly did get added to the list of great shonen manga that went on for too long, RIP
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pm Reply with quote
BinBouGami1234 wrote:
This series sadly did get added to the list of great shonen manga that went on for too long, RIP

Yeah, but we'll always have those early arcs to enjoy. Azami's arrival is about the time I started losing interest, but that doesn't change that everything up until that point was a whole lot of fun.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Dear ANN Editorial Staff,

Again! Is there no editorial control on this website at all?

As an anime watcher the picture for this article is an absolute spoiler! Can you please check what you're putting up as the cover image to a story to make sure people who are watching an anime are not having it ruined by manga spoilers?

I pay money for your service as a second-year subscriber and I'm getting really tired of you posting either hentai images or spoilers for a story's main page image.

Please fix this and stop doing it.

Sincerely,
Me
steelmirror

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm Reply with quote
PonSquared wrote:
As an anime watcher the picture for this article is an absolute spoiler!
I feel like this is fair. My first thought was "okay, you have to be willfully gullible to believe that the conflict with Central is actually going to end in complete defeat for our heroes", and keep in mind that's coming from someone who is also current with the anime and has no advanced knowledge about how things in the LNs turn out. But even I had no actual worry that things weren't going to end up pretty alright for our heroes.

On the other hand, I think it's completely reasonable to err on the side of not spoiling things for people who do want to keep themselves in the dark when it comes to currently airing anime. So yeah, poor form on the article image, hopefully something that can be done more carefully in the future.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Well on the bright side the series is almost over at this point.

The dark side is its still going on for several more volumes & those volumes are not....... *ahem* lets say pleasant.

Oh the nightmare's brought on by this point of the series........... Sad
Flü

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to one of the worst final arcs in shonen manga history. Enjoy your stay!
Thaumana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
BinBouGami1234 wrote:

Yeah, but we'll always have those early arcs to enjoy. Azami's arrival is about the time I started losing interest, but that doesn't change that everything up until that point was a whole lot of fun.

That was also the point where I noticed a change of narrative quality. Especially nearly at the end of that exam ( the point where the fourth anime season set its starting point) spoiler[the stakes were suddenly way to high regarding the fact that suddenly 90% of the beloved cast including very strong cooking ace finalists got kicked out off-screen too early. That's when I also lost the sense for everyone's 'power levels'.] It was one of the most disappointing story developments I ever read. Also a real waste of great potential since I truly enjoyed the well-balanced mixture of authentic cooking practice, realistic gastronomy insight and funny and romantic shounen action from all the previous arcs.

However, the current anime events were nothing in comparison to the following events...Even a bad dream revelation trope would have been better than this farce. I read my bought tankoubons once in a while, and every time I did I always wondered how could all this garbage at the end happen...
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 am Reply with quote
PonSquared wrote:
As an anime watcher the picture for this article is an absolute spoiler! Can you please check what you're putting up as the cover image to a story to make sure people who are watching an anime are not having it ruined by manga spoilers?

Considering that this same exact image is also the very first thing that pops up when I search for "Shokugeki no Soma" on Amazon.com, I'd say that the responsibility for this spoiler lies at the feet of Shueisha / Viz (for choosing to release a book with such a spoileriffic cover into a market where far more people seem to watch an anime before reading its manga than vice versa). Confused
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:30 pm Reply with quote
PonSquared wrote:

I pay money for your service as a second-year subscriber and I'm getting really tired of you posting either hentai images or spoilers for a story's main page image.

It's literally the cover of the volume being reviewed. Asking a reviewer to not post the cover of a title is absurd. Your issue is with the author for choosing to draw a "spoiler" on the cover.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
PonSquared wrote:

It's literally the cover of the volume being reviewed. Asking a reviewer to not post the cover of a title is absurd. Your issue is with the author for choosing to draw a "spoiler" on the cover.

Then they literally should have blacked out what she said so as not to spoil what's going to happen in the anime. Or, as I said, use a different image.

The lack of empathy or understanding on the Internet is disappointing but hardly surprising.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote
But, I get it. The image is still there and no one from ANN has even bothered to reply to me. As this is not the first time this has happened I see that my opinion and feedback are not valued. All I can do is not re-subscribe. I know no one cares nor am I asking anyone to.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
PonSquared wrote:
But, I get it. The image is still there and no one from ANN has even bothered to reply to me. As this is not the first time this has happened I see that my opinion and feedback are not valued. All I can do is not re-subscribe. I know no one cares nor am I asking anyone to.

Here's my attitude about "spoiler culture":

Mostly the people who complain about such things are attempting to be internet cops about what you're allowed to talk about. As a media analyst, this runs counter to what I'm personally interested in - discussion with people who actually watch and read things when they're released. I don't care if I "spoil" it for you.

If you really sincerely cared that much about minor plot points in a long-running (and apparently quite disappointing in the end) shonen manga - this book came out months ago and you would've read it by now.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Guys a lot of covers of manga volumes spoil stuff. For example, Goku first became a Super Saiyan in a chapter which was collected in a volume which had Goku in that form.

Does Naruto turn into the Hokage? Check out the manga's final volume cover.

Does Seiya wear a new armor for the Hades finale? Check the final volume cover.

I could go on for similar examples a lot.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Guys a lot of covers of manga volumes spoil stuff. For example, Goku first became a Super Saiyan in a chapter which was collected in a volume which had Goku in that form.

Does Naruto turn into the Hokage? Check out the manga's final volume cover.

Does Seiya wear a new armor for the Hades finale? Check the final volume cover.

I could go on for similar examples a lot.

You could but it wouldn't matter since you have certain people who simply refuse to understand that if you don't want nothing spoiled for a form of media you digest the best and most efficient way to avoid them is to stay off the internet.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was ANN not MNN? But alas, I should have not assumed that the company/people in charge of this website would care about not spoiling things for their readers.

I really think it boils down to the fact that if I click on an article about a manga and something is spoiled for me then it's on me. If I Click a link knowing the information contained within is something I have not yet experienced in an anime then the fault is mine. However, I should not be in fear of looking at the main page of this site because a picture of an article might ruin something for me one two or three story arcs ahead of where an anime currently is.

Clearly popular opinion is against me and as usual in my life I am in the wrong. So, I'll wrap it up here. I'f you don't understand my point of view by now nothing else I say is going to.

Cheers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2