• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Actor Yukihiro Takiguchi Passes Away at 34

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
typhonkona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 am Reply with quote
34? Wow. Dang. He was so young! Rest in Piece. Sad
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:11 am Reply with quote
Man this one really hits me. I'm pretty close to his age. Just really shows you that we have no idea when we'll die. Don't take a single minute for granted. My heart goes out to his friends and family. Sad
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:08 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
Man this one really hits me. I'm pretty close to his age. Just really shows you that we have no idea when we'll die. Don't take a single minute for granted. My heart goes out to his friends and family. Sad

I'm also getting close to his age, only reason I looked at the article.

Heart failure? Wow, at just 34. I wonder if he possibly had an diagnosed heart condition. Makes me think of an Aussie soccer player that, when he went overseas, health tests were done that discovered he had a heart condition (can't remember what it was). Which, led to him having to retire, and he was only in his early 20s.
Doc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:07 am Reply with quote
I'm twice his age and have learned that life is precious. Take nothing for granted and make the most of every opportunity afforded to you.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:38 am Reply with quote
My grandfather died waaaaay before my birth at 37 of heart failure. But he had rheumatic fever as a child, destroying his heart health.

But didn't we recently learn that Japanese Police will put down "heart failure" as a generic cause of death before an actual cause can be found? It might be the same sort of thing in general Japanese society- if you don't know or don't want to go into details of a death, call it "heart failure".

In any case:
Rest in Peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1