• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kemono Michi: Rise Up

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gravityWall

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Really liked this episode.
The humor is somewhat similar to Konosuba, but imo more funny than Konosuba's S2. Am satisfied overall, looking forward to the next episodes.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:18 pm Reply with quote
One of my favorite things about this series is the fact that Lindabrea's name is most definitely taken from American actress, Linda Blair, most famous for her role as the possessed child in the film, The Exorcist!
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
One of my favorite things about this series is the fact that Lindabrea's name is most definitely taken from American actress, Linda Blair, most famous for her role as the possessed child in the film, The Exorcist!

I completely missed that! I just enjoy saying her name. Laughing Thanks!
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Grimvice wrote:
I don't know if any of you know this, but the anime is quite different from the manga at this point.

Events are way out of order, certain scenes added, jokes repeated more, etc.

It's come up with some fun anime-only material, but they've skipped out a lot of great stuff from the manga at this point.

*sigh*

. . . .

There's more focus on the animal stuff and different ones they find, the wrestling stuff is just mostly background.

The manga is actually more hilarious and over the top like konosuba, the fact that the anime focuses more on wrestling and plot makes it less funny. There's no plot of Mao for example, which sounds neat but I'd rather have the jokes....

I would not mind the anime adaptation putting more focus on wrestling and plot if that was what the show was actually doing, but instead as I think back to what I have watch it's been mainly just the misadventures of Genzo and Company for the most part. With that said what you mention would explain why the anime adaptation is the way it is, and makes me willing to give the manga a try whenever I get around to it.

. . . . . . . . .

At the present Kemono Mich: Rise Up is looking to be my least favorite anime of this season due finding the jokes of the story so distasteful to the point of rubbing me the wrong way as well being annoyed by the characters responsible for those jokes. Mad It was so bad in fact that I felt that I wanted the story to focus more on the antagonists. Is it a problem when I care more about the antagonists of this story then the protagonist and most of his entourage (Shigure and the Ant are the ones that bother me the least)? And I was thinking that spot would go to Kandagawa Jet Girls but only due to knowing that show was going to be average compared to the other new anime I chose to watch this season, but Kemono Michi is an example of a show that show promise going downhill.

With that said I am glad we are getting close to the part of the story in which Genzo would be facing off against MAO. I would imagine the next two episodes are going to be more focus and therefore being more enjoying. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Skyletv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the princess becoming a masochist, especially after all the humiliation she suffered previously.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan if te princesa literally turning into Darkness but overall it was a fun and exciting episode.
On a darker tone, is Camilla an actual alcoholic?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:

Probably? I mean, I think we could easily say that, but I doubt that the show, or the original creator, intended anything so serious. She's more a trope, the character who has an alcohol problem but is presented as funny (or "funny," depending on the viewer) and there are never any serious consequences. In the context of this show, she's basically Aqua 2.0, in the same way the Princess is Darkness.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:

Probably? I mean, I think we could easily say that, but I doubt that the show, or the original creator, intended anything so serious. She's more a trope, the character who has an alcohol problem but is presented as funny (or "funny," depending on the viewer) and there are never any serious consequences. In the context of this show, she's basically Aqua 2.0, in the same way the Princess is Darkness.

I thought thta at first too, but the way it was so hard for her to let that beer go was suspicious. That was like a honest to god substance addiction.
chappellefan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I was so disappointed with this show.

From the lackluster animation to the repeated jokes, I felt let down from what was an interesting premise.

I could forgive the adherence to the source material (which I think detracted from the end product rather than add to it) if the animation wasn't reduced to a slide show.

I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but in the age of when Fire Force continues to show off quality fight scenes, how am I supposed to be impressed with something that has the tempo of a power point presentation?
Grimvice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
chappellefan wrote:
I was so disappointed with this show.

From the lackluster animation to the repeated jokes, I felt let down from what was an interesting premise.

I could forgive the adherence to the source material (which I think detracted from the end product rather than add to it) if the animation wasn't reduced to a slide show.

I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but in the age of when Fire Force continues to show off quality fight scenes, how am I supposed to be impressed with something that has the tempo of a power point presentation?

The thing is, it didn't adhere to the source material, which didn't repeat jokes that often, especially the ones that rub people the wrong way.
Denys Lalande

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Anyone who's followed pro-wrestling knows, or has heard tales, of the "interesting conversations" between the wrestlers *while matches are taking place* -- sometimes, it's personal matters; other times, when a match has gone to hell on a rocketcycle, the wrestlers are "writing the script" in the ring (there's an infamous WWE "gimmick match" where this happens; if one listens carefully to the audio, one can hear one of the wrestlers taking charge, and calling plays as the event happens)....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2