• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Psycho-Pass 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkEXE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:44 pm Reply with quote
It seems that 8 episodes isn't enough.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:23 am Reply with quote
Can you watch this without having seen season 2?
DarkEXE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Can you watch this without having seen season 2?

Season 2 is like a "filler". Go ahead if you are curious.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote
So basically all that ending did was set up season 4?
EiMs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:56 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
So basically all that ending did was set up season 4?

Take my words with a grate amount of salt because I don't know what I should believe too. Some people say the new movie "Psycho pass 3 last inspector" is going to be continuation for this season and compile last episodes ( which we haven seen ) of this season. Other say it's going to be recap of season 3 ( all 8 episodes which we have seen ). If you ask me we should see ending on new movie ( it's license by Amazon so we should see it very soon after theater airing ).
zensunni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
frankiebowman wrote:
I really liked everything psycho pass up to this point, and I even like a lot of this. What I don't like is having immigration, transgender, and other PC politics thrown at me every episode. I mean, come on, if I wanted that sort of crap, I'd watch Western shows... Crying or Very sad

To be fair, they were setting this up since the first movie. It was quite obvious the system wanted to expand its reach there. It was only a matter of time before these issues were addressed and I am glad they were. Religion, immigration, ect play a big part on people's mentality and stress. If the system wants to "evolve" the way it said it wanted to in season 1 and 2, this was the chorus of action season 3 needed to take. After all, in season 1, Kogami and Makishima figured out its weakness was immigration. It would make sense for them to do away with that weakness after season 1 events if they want to remain in charge. I for one find it interesting.

My son made the comment while we were watching this season that he felt like this was the story they were intending to tell all along and the earlier parts of the series were set up to get them where they needed to go to tell this story.

There is a movie coming up in the Spring, but it's unclear whether that's a compilation film, covering the same story in movie length, or if it's a continuation of the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3