• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Netflix's Levius Sends in the Clowns

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaa cool, a mech boxing thing that actually has good boxing choreography, that's everything megalobox needed, I'm jumping right in-

:see insane clown:
You know what? I'm good.

Also WTF is up with netflix and evil clown?

Last edited by meiam on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Netflix kinda gets that Americans associate anime with two things - Giant robots and dudes punching other dudes in the face.

With someone groping a girl for good measure every other show.

So give the people what they want. That being said, Dammit Polygon. It’s not super egregious here like Godzilla was, but still. Why do they get to do Pacific Rim?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I know it was a bit of a joke, but I would like to at least say that Netflix jumping in and nabbing sequels got old as soon as it happened. No more of that, please.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Aaaaa cool, a mech boxing thing that actually has good boxing choreography, that's everything megalobox needed, I'm jumping right in-

:see insane clown:
You know what? I'm good.

Also WTF is up with netflix and evil clown?

As they say life never gives you what you want, it instead just screws you around. Laughing
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Wait... I'm confused. Is the clown the dude in the side-mask cause I was actually expecting an actual clown when I read "Evil Clown" and now I'm a little disappointed? Like, just a smidge?

I watched the trailer and thought it looked mildly interesting earlier today but I just can't with that animation. It doesn't look good enough to sit there and suffer through that shit.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:51 pm Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:
Wait... I'm confused. Is the clown the dude in the side-mask cause I was actually expecting an actual clown when I read "Evil Clown" and now I'm a little disappointed? Like, just a smidge?

I watched the trailer and thought it looked mildly interesting earlier today but I just can't with that animation. It doesn't look good enough to sit there and suffer through that shit.

His name is Clown and he's evil. Pretty straightforward.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 pm Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
AntiKuro wrote:

I didn't realize that was his name. I legit thought it was a literal evil clown.
TendouMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
AntiKuro wrote:

I didn't realize that was his name. I legit thought it was a literal evil clown.

His name makes much more sense once you see his original manga counterpart. Whose name is Dr. Clown Jack Pudding.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/levius6466/images/f/f2/Dr._Clown.png/revision/latest?cb=20191027145511

Dude looks like a Final Fantasy villain reject and I love it to bits.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:11 pm Reply with quote
TendouMan wrote:

His name makes much more sense once you see his original manga counterpart. Whose name is Dr. Clown Jack Pudding.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/levius6466/images/f/f2/Dr._Clown.png/revision/latest?cb=20191027145511

Dude looks like a Final Fantasy villain reject and I love it to bits.

Takes a drink of soda, and then opens up link.

Coughing fit due to soda going up my nose starts, honestly you should give people a warning.

I honestly thought the guy(in the anime) was supposed to sing about the music of the night. That guy however actually looks like a clown!
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:57 am Reply with quote
I think this is the most accurate description of any anime you guys have spoken about yet. Hilariously, so. Thanks, I just pretty much watched it in a few minutes without even going to Netflix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1