• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dr. Stone Anime Season 2 Teased in Updated Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:03 am Reply with quote
I'm wonder will season 2 of Dr. Stone will have 24 episodes like season 1 next year but I feel like it may consist only 12 episodes.
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
I'm wonder will season 2 of Dr. Stone will have 24 episodes like season 1 next year but I feel like it may consist only 12 episodes.

Considering the way it's been promoted so far, it looks like it's only going to be the remainder of this arc, the Stone War arc. There are only about 22 chapters left to adapt in it, which with the usual 2:1 pacing of Shonen anime adaptations, would be enough for 11 episodes. So if they stretch it out slightly, 12 episodes seems probable.
Amy192

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 am Reply with quote
Chaotic-Overlord wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Considering the way it's been promoted so far, it looks like it's only going to be the remainder of this arc, the Stone War arc. There are only about 22 chapters left to adapt in it, which with the usual 2:1 pacing of Shonen anime adaptations, would be enough for 11 episodes. So if they stretch it out slightly, 12 episodes seems probable.

They might also make a movie for that arc like demon slayer is doing for the train arc
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Dr Stone is easily one of the best shows of the year and I can’t wait for more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1