• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fourth Plate

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kailuv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I agree that Azami's stalking was creepy, but I don't think the school's security got anything to do with it.

First, Totsuki is not a boarding school. It only has dormitory for out of state's students who don't have place to stay. As a proof, Nakiri Alice, Nakiri Erina, and Arato Hisako are definitely lived in their own manors as stated when Erina ran away from home.

Second, as Totsuki is not a boarding school, what students do outside school hours, researches and anything that the school paid for ir ordered the student to included, and school property is not the school's concern (well, as long as they don't drag the school name's down).
So if a 13 years old Tsukasa went abroad all by himself, it was his parents who should keep a tab on him. After all, when Erina had her tasting job or went out, the security provided was of Nakiri's family bodyguard, not school staffs
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:07 pm Reply with quote
A week late but

Quote:
Just when you thought Azami couldn't get any creepier we find out that he's been basically courting (or stalking?) Tsubasa for years.

Its Tsukasa
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:22 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

Its Tsukasa

Yes, yes it is. Sorry, got the names confused between this show and Stars Align, which has a Tsubasa. Confused
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:46 pm Reply with quote
The Gifting thing is probably the stupidest thing this franchise has come up with, and it's come up with a lot of stupid things. Apparently it's so subtle you don't even feel your clothes being blown off. I guess it gently disintegrates outerwear. I imagine if Erina rises to the challenge, it will vaporize underwear too, probably including Azami's own clothing in an epic blowback reaction that will engulf the entire arena. I'm so looking forward to that. /s

Soma is as bad at naming his dishes as Shinra “Puts-Up-With-Stuff-That-Sucks Man” Kusakabe is at coming up with heroic names for himself in Fire Force.
WizardOfOss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now I'm willing to admit that Erina's chicken didn't look quite cooked through to me (and when Rindo and Tsukasa pronounce it “rare” in the middle, I felt a little queasy; chicken doesn't seem like a meat to be served that way)...

Actually, tori no tataki (lightly seared chicken) and even torisashi (chicken sashimi) are quite common dishes in Japan. And a lot tastier than you might expect!
Goober2049

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Personally I found Azami's gifting pulse to be the best use of this silly gag. It forced him to admit Erina and Soma had won in a situation where he might have otherwise been able to hide it. He still most likely would have been overruled by the other judges, but that alone wouldn't have been as great an outcome.

I don't really feel like it takes away from the show at all.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:45 pm Reply with quote
The gifting pulse is stupid but you know what, it fits into food wars perfectly.and I LOVED his increasing hysterical response was a joy!

The other major joy of this episode was erina owning her independence and telling off her dad and making her charcter development come to the pinnacle...I would have preferred megumin get that triumphanit moment...but we will never get that, so I will take erina vindicating her and having the moment instead.

This is basically a perfect version of what you could hope from food wars ending wise. I want To state I would prefer no fan service but that is never going to happen in food wars. So at least the fan service is actually contributing to the story for once in this series.

Is anyone going to watch season 5 because I am certainly not.this is the ending so I am taking it.
aaa1e2r3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:42 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Is anyone going to watch season 5 because I am certainly not.this is the ending so I am taking it.

There's still one more episode left for this season to look forward to but yeah, unless they go some anime original route with season 5, I think I'm going to skip that season, especially with how they do a disservice to Erina in the manga.
Netero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:25 am Reply with quote
WizardOfOss wrote:
Actually, tori no tataki (lightly seared chicken) and even torisashi (chicken sashimi) are quite common dishes in Japan. And a lot tastier than you might expect!

And this is despite the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare requiring restaurants to cook chicken until the internal temperature reaches 75C before serving it.
WizardOfOss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Netero wrote:
And this is despite the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare requiring restaurants to cook chicken until the internal temperature reaches 75C before serving it.
Maybe they get away by using a thermometer in Fahrenheit? Laughing

The last time I had it was actually at a chain restaurant in Ueno, Toriyoshi Shoten, where it was even advertised at the big signs outside. So despite that law it's not something that's only served in obscure restaurants with a "secret" menu or something like that.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the last few minutes of that season finale were uh...

I guess it's a good idea to not leave the season on too final a note so people just watching the anime won't assume it's done, but spoiler[truncating the last time Megumi gets to present a dish on-screen into a the back half of a montage] sure is a great way to show us what we can expect from the Final season. Sorry Post-Final season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2