• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hige o Soru. Soshite Joshi Kōsei o Hirou. Novels Get Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
Nice. Been reading the manga version of this and the character chemistry has been enjoyable. I hope they capture that in the anime version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:16 am Reply with quote
The initial premise of this show is very controversial, I am certain it will rub some people in the worst way possible; and that is my biggest fear following this announcement

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:28 am Reply with quote
Kind of off putting that with a title, seinen-looking art style, and synopsis like that that this suppose to be a comedy. This feels more like the plot of an ero doujinshi, which doesn't say much considering we're getting a lot of those same sounding scenarios going the non-ecchi route these days. But I try, emphasis on try, not to judge a book by it's cover, and if you give me a choice between something ecchi or funny to watch, 9 time out of 10 I'll go with the funnies, let's see what this has to offer.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:36 am Reply with quote
Brace yourselves, winter shitstorm is coming.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:39 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Brace yourselves, winter shitstorm is coming.

I can hear the pearl clenching from here. xD
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:57 am Reply with quote
Wow, the light novel hasn’t even been out for 2 years, and only three volumes have been released, and already an anime is planned. Kadokawa sure does plan these things far ahead. Just wish they weren’t so tied to Yen Press, since they can only license so much, and don’t license many romcoms.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm just going to be here for the popcorn in the weekly review threads. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Not a huge fan of this, but it's alright. I wonder if I should stay away from any discussion threads in order to preserve what's left of my faith in humanity or just accept it and get some popcorn ready.
Jakerams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Expected it to get an anime but it'll be interesting to see how the newcomers react.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Popcorn comments aside, this sounds like something I’ll likely take a look at. I’m curious to see what staff and studio will be attached to this.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Kind of off putting that with a title, seinen-looking art style, and synopsis like that that this suppose to be a comedy. This feels more like the plot of an ero doujinshi, which doesn't say much considering we're getting a lot of those same sounding scenarios going the non-ecchi route these days. But I try, emphasis on try, not to judge a book by it's cover, and if you give me a choice between something ecchi or funny to watch, 9 time out of 10 I'll go with the funnies, let's see what this has to offer.

This series is NOT a comedy. The FMC has had to do some pretty unpleasant things to survive. It would be better to label it as a Drama rather than a Romcom.

I really like the manga adaptation and the MC is an awesome guy but I can see that there is going to be a huge s**tstorm in the comments with slut shaming and beta calling (the alpha trope needs to die!).
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Well this was a surprise, honestly didn't think it was that interesting of a series to warrant an anime adaptation but the more I learn about the entertainment industry the more a realize that marketing is a far more effective push than a perfect storm surrounding quality.

Having read the manga to whats available in eng right now I'd rate as... ok.

I went in optimistic and the beginning was pretty sad but it felt more grounded in what would happen in real life without being melodramatic and exploitative(narratively) about it.
Good samaritans are rare but guys who'd take advantage of a 'windfall' are a dime a dozen.
There were of course, a number of things that rung as unrealistic but I was willing to suspend my disbelief for spoiler[a heartwarming story of a high school girl being treated like she should by an adult. Cept the story seems to be setting the male protagonist and Highschool girl on a romantic course and that just seems like such a waste. This archetype has been done so much already and it doesn't help that the MC is also an unwitting harem protagonist despite his initial rejection, turns out the girl who rejected him did like him but couldn't respond for reasons? Yeah I know where this is going. What a shame.]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:05 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
I really like the manga adaptation and the MC is an awesome guy but I can see that there is going to be a huge s**tstorm in the comments with slut shaming and beta calling (the alpha trope needs to die!).

Slut shaming? Interesting. I haven't read anything of this series, but from the summary and comments I thought the backlash would be because this could be seen as a man grooming an underage girl. Don't wanna spoil myself too much in case I end up checking this series out, but is this story going to be one that focuses on the girls emotions and sexuality?
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Slut shaming? Interesting. I haven't read anything of this series, but from the summary and comments I thought the backlash would be because this could be seen as a man grooming an underage girl. Don't wanna spoil myself too much in case I end up checking this series out, but is this story going to be one that focuses on the girls emotions and sexuality?

The girl is a runaway who's been sleeping with guys in exchange for a place to stay. At the start of the story, she's homeless and offers to have sex with the MC if he'll let her crash at his place. He turns her down but then realizes if he leaves her on the street, she'll end up with someone less scrupulous, so he offers to let her stay if she'll do housework.
Rizr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:40 pm Reply with quote
A more accurate title for the anime would be: "How to Groom an Underage Girl"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2