• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Anime Film Opens in Japan on June 27

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:03 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY.
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Also other news including a special anniversary soundtrack release in this thread:

https://twitter.com/kac_officialhp/status/1210397076632158208
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Now hopefully we won't have to wait forever for the US release. But I'm wondering how Netflix owning the streaming rights for the TV series and Khara's reported dissatisfaction with Funimation will effect the US release of the final movie.
hikura

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:02 pm Reply with quote
And we get to see it here in america someplace in 2022 and on home video in 2024 lol.
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Damn-it's about time this came out-talk about a long gestation period.........!!!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
But I'm wondering how Netflix owning the streaming rights for the TV series and Khara's reported dissatisfaction with Funimation will effect the US release of the final movie.

Netflix and Khara aside, I have a feeling that Anno was nothing but pleased with how Funimation handled their release of his Godzilla film (and the reported $4 million in US home video sales it brought in).

Last edited by BodaciousSpacePirate on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
The wait for Uru in Blue has been longer!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Netflix and Khara aside, I have a feeling that Anno was nothing but pleased with how Funimation handled their release of his Godzilla film (and the reported $4 million in US home video sales it brought in).
I was referring to how Anno made Funimation redub 3.0 after it had a rowdy audience reaction at AX according to people who worked on the dub and that was why the last movie was delayed for so long for the US.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I was referring to how Anno made Funimation redub 3.0 after it had a rowdy audience reaction at AX according to people who worked on the dub and that was why the last movie was delayed for so long for the US.

Yeah, it was definitely a good point, I just figured I'd bring up Godzilla, especially because - considering how many problems he seemed to have with 3.0 - it certainly surprised me back when I heard that Funimation was going to handle that film. (Of course, who knows if he even had any input in who Toho let handle the US release?)
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:04 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Now hopefully we won't have to wait forever for the US release. But I'm wondering how Netflix owning the streaming rights for the TV series and Khara's reported dissatisfaction with Funimation will effect the US release of the final movie.

Sidenote to the other reply, it depends on if the Funi licence was for all films or on a per film basis. The Netflix streaming rights have nothing to do with it, as that was the original TV series and not the animated film series. If anything, the fact they would want a theatrical release and the negative reception the reworking Netflix has done with the original series may go against them if it is a per film licence
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:12 am Reply with quote
Plus numerous untold amount of years to a US Blu-ray release for most of us to see it. Rolling Eyes
Mocha Shiori

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:15 am Reply with quote
YeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEES, finally!
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:58 am Reply with quote
Place your bets if this last move goes "End of Evangelion" with Anno towards the fans.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm not expecting the english blu ray until 2022 at the earliest (What will they even call it? 3.33 + 1.11 = 4.44?) But I do hope for some sub screenings in late 2020.
Winger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Will Hiro Yuuki return to voice Makoto? I know he is out of voicing anime nowdays, but it would be good to hear him again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2