• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Winter 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Is there nobody at ANN other than Theron Martin willing to take up the tits and ass shows?
Florete

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:45 pm Reply with quote
22/7 is the only I wanted that's missing. A good haul.
redcar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
Is there nobody at ANN other than Theron Martin willing to take up the tits and ass shows?

He's been reviewing such shows here for years, and has a wealth of experience to speak from regarding whether new entries are good or bad. I'd rather hear his opinion on them than anyone else's, frankly.

Last edited by redcar on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Florete wrote:
22/7 is the only I wanted that's missing. A good haul.

Mr. Beckett is covering it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
cfalcon wrote:

Iruma-kun is one of the shows I look forward to the most each week also. Otherwise I'm surprised Room Camp didn't make it, given the popularity of the original series. Perhaps being a short hurt its chances.

Yeah there's never streaming reviews for 3-5 minute shorts. A show usually need to be at least half-length to be worth covering, since otherwise it's faster to just watch the show than it is to read the review.

It's just a 3 minute tourism advertisement. I think if they reviewed it would have to be called one of their "advertorial" features.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for Nekopara though I guess that Fate/Grand Order, Interspecies Reviewers, and Plunderer does somewhat make up for it. Just a guess but Interspecies Reviewers will likely be the hot discussion thread of the season.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Looking forward to Zac's reviews for Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken, which I wasn't expecting. I remember enjoying the Death Parade reviews back when that was airing.

Also looking forward to reading about Smile Down the Runway and the inevitable trashfire of Interspecies Reviewers.

I wish he’d take Plunderer as well. I like his spicy, hate-watch reviews.

A pity nobody will pickup the rugby anime.

Chrono1000 wrote:
I was hoping for Nekopara though I guess that Fate/Grand Order, Interspecies Reviewers, and Plunderer does somewhat make up for it. Just a guess but Interspecies Reviewers will likely be the hot discussion thread of the season.

Why would NekoPara need a episode review? It’s just CGDCT.

Last edited by dragon695 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Eh? No more Black Clover?
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Zzshcl wrote:

The last review done for Black Clover was episode 108 on November 7th, which is a shame, as the anime feels like it's really hit it's stride in the last handful of episodes...lots of character and story development. I've always enjoyed the show, but this current arc has been really good. And I'm just loving spoiler[Akuma/Devil and his Word magic].

I wish it was still being reviewed.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I am neither shocked nor surprised that number24 didn't make the streaming reviews, just disappointed. It's a different take on sports anime that we rarely get to see, and I felt that Rebecca would have been a great choice to review the show, given she reviewed Stars Align, another original sports anime, last season. Guess that's the curse of the majority of sports anime.

Pet would have been great for a good analysis, considering I spend 80% of the episode scratching my head and piecing together how their powers work. Jeweler Richard and A3 are pleasant enough, so I'm less sad that there's no reviews for those. I always make it a point to vote for the less likely shows for reviews in the hopes that they get in, but I guess the usual shows (action, fanservice, MMORPG/isekai) always seem to make the cut each season.

Speaking of action shows, will Nicholas be jumping straight into the newest My Hero Academia episodes, or will he be adding reviews for the past episodes that went un-reviewed since they stopped? Also, are Black Clover reviews officially done? Those just dropped off.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Time Bandit wrote:
Zzshcl wrote:

The last review done for Black Clover was episode 108 on November 7th, which is a shame, as the anime feels like it's really hit it's stride in the last handful of episodes...lots of character and story development. I've always enjoyed the show, but this current arc has been really good. And I'm just loving spoiler[Akuma/Devil and his Word magic].

I wish it was still being reviewed.

I'm of the same mind on this. What's transpired in episodes 115-117 has just been stunning, with one major, shocking revelation or twist after another. Would love to see some review-level discussion about them.

On another note, I'm kinda looking forward to the irony of reviewing a series about doing reviews. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Theron Martin
Isekai Quartet 2
A Certain Scientific Railgun T
Interspecies Reviewers

I’m very much looking forward to reading all of this. Smile I will also be interested in Rebecca’s reviews on Somali and the Forest Spirit and I’m curious to see how Mr. Eisenbeis’s reviews will turn out as I’ve not yet watched a series that he is covering weekly until now.

dragon695 wrote:
Why would NekoPara need a episode review? It’s just CGDCT.

That didn’t stop Laid-Back Camp from getting episode reviews. (Before anyone says or thinks that I’m suggesting they are both exactly the same, I’m not. The point that I’m trying to make here is that there have been some CGDCT series in the past that have gotten episode reviews on ANN and a series not “needing” episode reviews, no matter what genre said series is in, hasn’t stopped it from making the cut. Also, Laid-Back Camp was simply the first example that I came up with off the top of my head.)

Key wrote:
On another note, I'm kinda looking forward to the irony of reviewing a series about doing reviews. Wink

Inception at its finest. Laughing
OH&S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:44 am Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:
No more One Piece reviews?

Looks like it. Is Sam Leach taking a break?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:
3ngag3 wrote:
No more One Piece reviews?

Looks like it. Is Sam Leach taking a break?

One Piece - and Black Clover - reviews will return shortly. Sam did retire from his role here - we’re still hiring some fresh faces to fill those spots. We’ll update this article when we do. Shouldn’t be too long a wait.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:21 am Reply with quote
looks like Seton academy did not make it ,,uff that is to bad, well at least the others i voted did so that is something. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4