• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films Removes Titles from Website

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
This does not bode well... I'm going to be very upset if I suddenly have a new crop of 'anime I can't complete my sets of' to add to my Geneon titles... Crying or Very sad
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Okay, this is getting pretty serious now.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Huh. This can't be good. I hope we get a statement from them soon clarifying the situation. Is what I think might be happening really happening?

Last edited by Jedi General on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heretic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I will be highly upset if this is a sign that these series will not finish release. I already have about 5 or 6 series in limbo thanks to this whole Geneon thing.
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
i JUST checked my on demand, both 5 centimeters per second AND Kanon are still airing on demand as of this moment
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Heretic wrote:
I will be highly upset if this is a sign that these series will not finish release. I already have about 5 or 6 series in limbo thanks to this whole Geneon thing.
kinda hard not to finish 5 centimeters since its a movie, and all 3 parts have been on demand for 3 weeks
GrdAdmiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I am also going to be highly pissed, if these shows are going to be canceled. I just started collecting the Welcome to NHK, Magikano, and Devil May Cry. That's not counting the blunder for Funimation's Case Closed, which they have not released in quite a while (not counting the movie) and the rest of my Hellsing Ultimate. WTF!?

If you cancel the shows, then I want to return my current copies, and I'll wait till the contracts are picked back up by someone else. I hate having a series with different casts half way thru the show.

If you pull them, at least say why. That's at least, generally a good business practice.

Last edited by GrdAdmiral on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Kyouki-Kamikawa wrote:
i JUST checked my on demand, both 5 centimeters per second AND Kanon are still airing on demand as of this moment

This isn't a good way of telling anything, since VOD availability is determined by your local cable head-end, not the network directly.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
This is odd, and worries me greatly.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it's a mistake, there seems to be no logical reason why they'd pull Gurren Lagann, I mean its one of, if not the, most popular anime of 2007. I know a LOT of people would buy it, so I can only hope this is a mistake.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
I wonder if it's a mistake, there seems to be no logical reason why they'd pull Gurren Lagann, I mean its one of, if not the, most popular anime of 2007. I know a LOT of people would buy it, so I can only hope this is a mistake.

Good point, i have a bit of this feeling as well. these shows don't seem closely related, maybe there were all in the same database.......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

You're right. Canceling GL wouldn't make any sense. It's bound to sell tons of copies. But then again, Geneon basically canceled both Hellsing and Black Lagoon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
My friend was pissed off when they did to Saiyuki.

Hmm...This is odd that it hasn't been explained to either, I wonder what it could be.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
:S This sucks, I'm getting Geneon-type vibes all over again -_-
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Worrisome indeed...

As far as GL: Yeah, definitely. It's looking to be one of the biggest releases this year, similar to Haruhi popularity last year.

Hopefully someone from ANN is on ADV about an official press release regarding recent activity at ADV. Hearing something from Mr. Greenfield or something like that about what is actually going on would put a lot of fans at ease I think. Even if it means saying "Yeah we're cancelling a bunch of shows and slicing off branches that don't make us money at the moment, but we're not going under so don't worry."

Hearing and seeing more and more of this with no real word makes everyone go Question .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 20