Forum - View topic
NEWS: BanG Dream!'s Poppin'Party Single Debuts at #1 With 27,000 Copies




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4583
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The new season will premiere on January 23. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime and will stream it.
FWIW they already released ep 1 on Jan.7, and https://www.hidive.com/tv/bang-dream-3rd-season says episode 2 and 3 will release tomorrow (Jan. 14) and episode 4 and 5 will stream Jan. 21st.

MyAnimeList says this is because "episodes 1 to 5 were released on Blu-ray before they aired on TV. Episode 1 was released on January 8, 2020, Episodes 2 and 3 were released on January 15, and Episodes 4 and 5 were released on January 22. Regular broadcasting began on January 23, 2020."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
invalidname
Get off my lawn!Get off my lawn!


Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:45 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
The new season will premiere on January 23. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime and will stream it.
FWIW they already released ep 1 on Jan.7, and https://www.hidive.com/tv/bang-dream-3rd-season says episode 2 and 3 will release tomorrow (Jan. 14) and episode 4 and 5 will stream Jan. 21st.

Kind of a shame that ANN hasn't covered BanG Dream season 3 in Preview Guide, but I don't think any of the regulars keep up with the franchise. Maybe they could get Chris Farris to write something, since he's a prominent fan and he reviewed S2: https://animenewsnetwork.com/review/bang-dream-2nd-season/episodes-1-13/.145193
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mocha Shiori



Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 58
Location: The United States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:38 am Reply with quote
This pleases me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GhostStalkerSA



Joined: 17 May 2015
Posts: 354
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 am Reply with quote
I dunno, the common opinion I’m seeing online is that people likes S2 more than 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BSW



Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 am Reply with quote
GhostStalkerSA wrote:
BSW wrote:
HelloJamal wrote:
This series is good except for its worthless piece of crap boy band spin-off.


And S2. And S3...

I dunno, the common opinion I’m seeing online is that people likes S2 more than 1.


You mean the gacha fans liking the low effort fanservice of their favorite bands, then sure. But as an anime series itself, for not hardcore game players, S2 was worthless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joeydoa



Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 57
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I think the 2nd season is better than the first. And so far the first two episodes of S3 are the best of the series. This is a fun series and if you like cute girls doing cute things and idol anime shows and/or lover of music - it would be worth giving it a try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BSW



Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:41 pm Reply with quote
joeydoa wrote:
I think the 2nd season is better than the first. And so far the first two episodes of S3 are the best of the series. This is a fun series and if you like cute girls doing cute things and idol anime shows and/or lover of music - it would be worth giving it a try.


Please mention the fact that only if you are familiar with the game.
They literally can't stand on their own, as they rely on you being familiar with the other bands and their antics. And as for animation, it is the shame of the century, the worst kind of 3DCG, much worse designed than its own game's, and the framerate is revoltingly low.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GhostStalkerSA



Joined: 17 May 2015
Posts: 354
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:22 am Reply with quote
BSW wrote:
joeydoa wrote:
I think the 2nd season is better than the first. And so far the first two episodes of S3 are the best of the series. This is a fun series and if you like cute girls doing cute things and idol anime shows and/or lover of music - it would be worth giving it a try.


Please mention the fact that only if you are familiar with the game.
They literally can't stand on their own, as they rely on you being familiar with the other bands and their antics. And as for animation, it is the shame of the century, the worst kind of 3DCG, much worse designed than its own game's, and the framerate is revoltingly low.

Compared to the off model art of season 1? I’ll take the 3DCG any day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BSW



Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 am Reply with quote
My condolences.
The first season looked better than pretty much the majority of all girls cast series made these past years. On the other hand, the CG is among the most horrible and untalentedly done I've seen even in anime industry, which is notoriously horrible at it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group