• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Isekai Quartet 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:24 pm Reply with quote
bennyl wrote:
If you don't like shield hero because he's on a whole revenge tour because a woman falsely accused him of rape or he had the gall to buy a sick young girl to get her out of the slave masters pen as it offends your woke sensibilities, don't watch quartet. The joke is it's the same character dropped into a high school setting.

apparently the only way anyone can have a problem with naofumi is if you're a "triggered snowflake" lmao

maybe it's because he's a horrendously written character and not just a horrible person that the show wants us to think is secretly a good person deep down. just a thought
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
bennyl wrote:
If you don't like shield hero because he's on a whole revenge tour because a woman falsely accused him of rape or he had the gall to buy a sick young girl to get her out of the slave masters pen as it offends your woke sensibilities, don't watch quartet. The joke is it's the same character dropped into a high school setting.

apparently the only way anyone can have a problem with naofumi is if you're a "triggered snowflake" lmao

maybe it's because he's a horrendously written character and not just a horrible person that the show wants us to think is secretly a good person deep down. just a thought

It's not like a religious cult has spread propaganda about you to everyone in the kingdom which causes almost everyone in the kingdom to treat you like crap all the while still managing to try to save the world even against extreme adversity. Seems like a complex character with a story arc that, to my knowledge, hasn't been seen before and if it has is the most obscure piece of literature. It's pretty clear you have an unreasonable bias against Shield-bro.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:05 am Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:

Horrible? Naofumi might be a bit moody and introvert but in his core he's a genuinely good guy.
If you really want to know about a truly 'horrible' character, look no further than Myne from the same series Naofumi came from... Smile

Last edited by Blanchimont on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 am Reply with quote
"horrendously written" = "badly written", I think. Maybe meaning the show's writing is not very good, as far as showing what this character is like.

As for this show, I'm still enjoying it so far ( just one ep and all ), and I'm very willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, given how I did like the first season very much. It's a comedy and I do like that.

Last edited by Nom De Plume De Fanboy on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 am Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
"horrendously written" = "badly written", I think. Maybe meaning the show's writing is not very good, as far as showing what this character is like.

I see, my mistake reading it. I changed the 'horrendous' in my above post to 'horrible', still acts as an answer to his post though.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 am Reply with quote
Ep 2 was good, with Aqua "helping" in her usual way. My only nit is the drums in the ending kinda drown out the singing, so I don't like it as much as the Ed from season 1.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Replica_Rabbit wrote:
bennyl wrote:
Kazuma and Subaru are largely comic characters in their series. Ains was at times comic, and is more so in quartet. Tanya wasn't a comic character and still isn't, really, mostly playing the straight man to others antics. Naofumi has never been a comic character, and they have played him so straight in quartet that it's almost satire.

Keep in mind Ains tricked a young girl into invading his strong hold, killed her, and let a spider monster steal her voice box from her dead body because it was kinder than the torture he had planned for the rest of her party. But now he's haha funny Skeletor guy.

I don't like Shield Hero because of the fans, I think Shield Hero is ok but not my cup of tea. But the fans keep overly defending the show causing me to be bitter about the show and character. I can't enjoy him anywhere because of that, it not because I offended.
I think I'll give this another two episodes, didn't find Shield Hero crew adding anything to the show and my feeling about Shield Hero isn't great and I get a Poochie vibe from him.

What do you expect? Of coarse the fans are gonna defend the series. When a series gets so much over the top hate, and plenty of big name reviewers and youtubers claim that its fans hate women and support slavery. So its the fans fault that you like a series less?
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or is shield hero entirely absent from the OP/ED? Wonder if it was a late addition to S2 and the OP/ED were already done by then or something.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:53 pm Reply with quote
* Dude complains about shield hero beign a bad person
* Same series has ains who murders, turtures , performs genocide, is a coward, etc...
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:47 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Is it just me or is shield hero entirely absent from the OP/ED? Wonder if it was a late addition to S2 and the OP/ED were already done by then or something.

No, Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo do appear in the opener, but they don't get feature treatment. Their use and positioning suggest that they are being treated as recurring guest appearances rather than one of the core series, and I do recall hearing somewhere that they weren't expected to appear in all episodes. Shield Hero definitely isn't represented in the closer, which is sad because Raphtalia probably would have fit in there pretty well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Just checked the picture for season 2 , and neither Naofumi nor Raphtalia are in it. Presumably they are joining class 1, which as far as I remember I don't think it had anyone from Tanya the Evil, so a rule of four series might be kept to each classroom. My thought is that there might still be new characters that were not revealed yet that would have been spoiled by thew OP.

Are you implying that there may be new series, or just new characters?
bennyl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:05 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Replica_Rabbit wrote:
bennyl wrote:
Kazuma and Subaru are largely comic characters in their series. Ains was at times comic, and is more so in quartet. Tanya wasn't a comic character and still isn't, really, mostly playing the straight man to others antics. Naofumi has never been a comic character, and they have played him so straight in quartet that it's almost satire.

Keep in mind Ains tricked a young girl into invading his strong hold, killed her, and let a spider monster steal her voice box from her dead body because it was kinder than the torture he had planned for the rest of her party. But now he's haha funny Skeletor guy.

I don't like Shield Hero because of the fans, I think Shield Hero is ok but not my cup of tea. But the fans keep overly defending the show causing me to be bitter about the show and character. I can't enjoy him anywhere because of that, it not because I offended.
I think I'll give this another two episodes, didn't find Shield Hero crew adding anything to the show and my feeling about Shield Hero isn't great and I get a Poochie vibe from him.

What do you expect? Of coarse the fans are gonna defend the series. When a series gets so much over the top hate, and plenty of big name reviewers and youtubers claim that its fans hate women and support slavery. So its the fans fault that you like a series less?

It's like people have no concept of backlash against backlash. I'm perfectly content to like what I like and let you like what you like. However, you start crapping on what I like, or even worse, try to make me out to be a bad person for liking what I like, and you'll hear about it. So live and let live, or be ready to defend your position. But you aren't going to just drop turds on something people like and not hear about it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I forget his name, but the butler from rezero kinda sounded like Barry Yandell. I dont know what he sounds like in his proper show, but for people who have, is that what he normally sounds like or was he recast?
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:48 pm Reply with quote
This is something not explained in the Overlord anime at all, but basically Ainz's world (his real world) is a hellscape where major corporations effectively own the planet and the lives of everyone living on it, and everyone below the ruling class is given *just* enough of an education to do the job that they're given and little beyond that. This was left out of the anime presumably because it isn't at all relevant to Ainz's current situation, and is primarily just background information.

This is also why Ainz creating snow in the first season of IQ was considered so impressive by him, because his own world was wracked by climate change, and seeing snow fall from the sky was basically nothing less than a miracle.

This isn't an inconsistency, if anything it's a remarkable level of care and attention by the writers, because it's not something that anyone who has only watched the anime would know about.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Are you implying that there may be new series, or just new characters?

mushoku tensei already had a minor crossover with rezero and it's got an anime series announced for this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6