• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 pm Reply with quote
#904081 wrote:
Hey there! Its my first time posting here, so please forgive me if I've done something wrong! Any way, here's my problem:
While browsing through pinterest I came across a picture of an anime girl and can't seem to find the source. At first I thought it might be Granblue Fantasy, but no such luck. If anyone could give me a character name I would be very grateful!

From what I've been able to find, I think that she might be an original character and not from any existing anime or manga.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
#904081 wrote:
Hey there! Its my first time posting here, so please forgive me if I've done something wrong! Any way, here's my problem:
While browsing through pinterest I came across a picture of an anime girl and can't seem to find the source. At first I thought it might be Granblue Fantasy, but no such luck. If anyone could give me a character name I would be very grateful!

Character in question:
https://i.imgur.com/lNzW0BZ.jpg

She is Shinozaki Chitose, a character from Laplace Link, a game for iOS/Android which was cancelled before the official release.

http://arinkonogamefun.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-34.html
Jeanne Ardinger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 pm Reply with quote
It’s driving me crazy , I cannot recall the name of this series. The series aired in USA between 10pm and 3am est. I watched after work so I know I didn’t get home until that time. Late 90s or early 2000s on cable tv.
The story was about a little girl who had strange things happen, the classmates disappeared, parents disappeared etc.. by the end we found out she was a computer program and the programmer thought it was a virus, not that sentience had happened until he almost obliterated her.
If this sounds familiar and you know the name please help me out. Thank you
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:38 am Reply with quote
^
Sounds like Serial Experiments Lain to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:47 am Reply with quote
Plot summary and time frame are way too close to Serial Experiments Lain for my first guess to be anything else.
Spiritsprite2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:11 am Reply with quote
Smile thank you so much. That is it . I’ve had half my building googling and quizzing people for over a week and you two had it so fast. I’m looking at buying it now. You have saved my sanity.
BleachFan1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Had this random memory of an anime series that I forgot to finish watching from the past few years, and neither Google nor ANN searching has helped Embarassed

Best I remember the plot:

Korean high school after school club made up of elites who play a virtual reality military strategy game. But the game uses archers, calvary, spearmen, etc. as game piece types.

The game turns out to be a proving ground for a hidden society of military strategy passed down through bloodlines.

The main character was an overwhelming power in the beta version of the game, then tried to go to school as a "normal" kid... but gets dragged back into playing the game to help the club members.

Anyone know the name of this please? Thank you in advance.
Josh Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I used to watch this series about some young adults who battle monsters for fame, money, and reputation. They each had Armors, weapons, and big hoverboards. The Main Character wore blue and white Armor and his special move was where he'd hop off and grab it and use it to make a mega punch attack. I only got to see like 4 episodes, and I'd swear its a was like a military group with different divisions and companies. The monsters may have even been robots...
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Parts of your description sounds like Eureka Seven, particularly the hoverboards, but the rest of description doesn't match the series.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:31 am Reply with quote
Hello Team, i am looking for an anime series which i really have a vague memory of.
I will share some artifacts which might be helpful.

- Series has a tournament.
- Team battle.
- One of the team mate uses sword to freeze the ring.
- One of the team mate is fat and large.
me just saying

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:08 am Reply with quote
trying to remember the name of an anime I saw a couple of years ago. I really do not remember much about it except it is about a girl joining some organization and the secretary of it was a devil. nobody in the organization knew about her (the devil) but she did help every once in a while behind the scenes. she was very protected of the new girl and near the end told her what she was. sorry there is not much to work with. any help identifying it will be appreciated.
Alyoria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:52 am Reply with quote
I'm really hoping some one can help me find this old anime I saw when I was younger. I would very much like to watch it and I cannot remember what it was called for the life of me. Its one my parents used to own, I can't remember the name. All I can remember is the main guy has white hair. And he finds a girl chained up to a tree I think and sets her free I think. And he saves this town from either a dragon or some demon I can't quite remember. I would like to watch it again but I can't find it and no one I've asked knows what show I am talking about.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:28 am Reply with quote
Alyoria, that sounds very similar to Inuyasha, except that it is the guy who is bound to the tree at the beginning, not the girl.
Alyoria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:19 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
Alyoria, that sounds very similar to Inuyasha, except that it is the guy who is bound to the tree at the beginning, not the girl.
Yeah it's not inuyasha though. I've seen that an I love that anime! When trying to remember lol I can think of is Orphen. The art is similar but it's not that either. The white hair guy when sets the girl free I think becomes like her master but he doesn't really care to be. The girl looks similar to one in Heavenly lost property but it's not that show either.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Alyoria wrote:
The girl looks similar to one in Heavenly lost property but it's not that show either.

It's not old as it aired last season (and is still airring) but the mangaka of the Heaven's Lost Property has a new manga adapted called Plunderer which does feature a white hair protagonist. It does not feature dragons or demons so it's most likely not it.

Edit:

Here's a link to white haired male characters. If you click tags to help specify the search it'll greatly reduce the results to make it easier to find the character you're speaking of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 556 of 569