• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Asteroid in Love Worth Watching?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool. It's rare for a full-on Kirara show to get as much as a mention on ANN, news aside... or elsewhere really, critics can usually be summed up as "cute but uninteresting, I'll pass".
Disappointing since I love them so much (although I'm aware of how static and sameish they are), but they must see some degree of success if they keep making them.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quote
If you are looking for a well written and paced CGDCT show, Asteroid in Love is absolutely worth it.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Oh cool. It's rare for a full-on Kirara show to get as much as a mention on ANN, news aside... or elsewhere really, critics can usually be summed up as "cute but uninteresting, I'll pass".
Disappointing since I love them so much (although I'm aware of how static and sameish they are), but they must see some degree of success if they keep making them.

Based what's gotten enough votes to qualify for weekly streaming reviews these past few years, I can't imagine that much of ANN's readership is composed of people interested in reading Kirara-related content... which, as you say, is disappointing. I'm sure interest will pick back up if they ever decide to announce an anime adaptation of the currently-running K-On! Shuffle manga.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:06 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad that someone finally decided that just because a club didn't have whatever requisite number of people in it didn't mean it had to be shut down. Really liking the dynamic of the two-clubs-in-one aspect of this, as the geology girls are able to learn more about basics of astronomy and the astronomy girls are able to learn more about the basics of geology (and cartography). Mira/Ao have great chemistry together, but honestly Suzu is probably my favorite because she has chemistry with just about everyone, lol. Not the strongest Kirara adaptation but definitely very enjoyable.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:28 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I'm just glad that someone finally decided that just because a club didn't have whatever requisite number of people in it didn't mean it had to be shut down.

They shutdown the two clubs that merged to make the new club; but yeah, I agree with the idea that we did not have to put up with that storyline again.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:36 am Reply with quote
Ah, the classic "let's save/restore the X club" that so often wastes 2 or 3 episodes while drip-feeding character introductions.
That reminded me of last season's Rifle is Beautiful. That show really knew how to play with expectations spoiler["if you want to restore that club you need to find 4 members" they resolved that plotline in literally one minute]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Ah, the classic "let's save/restore the X club" that so often wastes 2 or 3 episodes while drip-feeding character introductions.
That reminded me of last season's Rifle is Beautiful. That show really knew how to play with expectations spoiler["if you want to restore that club you need to find 4 members" they resolved that plotline in literally one minute]

Asteroid beat that out. It was solved before the main character even joined the club.
BSW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:59 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
If you are looking for a well written and paced CGDCT show, Asteroid in Love is absolutely worth it.

I genuinely think it's one of the worst in that regards.
Not to mention the visuals (especially the backgrounds) are among the worst even in this genre.
I'd suggest picking pretty much any other CGDCT show before this, if you haven't watched them all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1