• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A3! Anime's Remaining Episodes Delayed to April or Later

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 am Reply with quote
So it was exactly the coronavirus that affected the outsourcing schedule of the series to chinese (or Taiwanese) studios all along, like I thought. Well, that make all the sense.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 am Reply with quote
Seems like we can expect more delays from other anime aswell that depend allot on the help outside of jpn
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:19 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
So it was exactly the coronavirus that affected the outsourcing schedule of the series to chinese (or Taiwanese) studios all along, like I thought. Well, that make all the sense.

While not surprised that one /both studios contracted out, may also be convenient excuse to say publicly if there fighting inside production committee that cannot be resolved.

I think there more to story than what is known/reported.
Emaldo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:

Like AJ already said this can't be the main reason. Unless the show was fully outsourced to China. If they had to heavily rely on outsourcing that says how fundamentally broken the production was from the get go, 2-3 episodes outsoruced sounds like the norm, but outsourcing the whole show to another country? RIP.

The production committee won't admit that they screwed up, they'll find an excuse. The virus is convinient.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Another day, another thread full of baseless conspiracy theories!
The article itself mentions that this exacerbated already existing issues. It’s ok to take the tinfoil hats off once in awhile and realize that things like outbreaks do tend to have effects even in niche industries like animation, and that no one is claiming they’re the only reason for delays.
Emaldo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:09 pm Reply with quote
If anyone did a little bit research before saying anything they would know that the issues existed before even the first episode aired. Saying the schedule is screwed would be an understatement. It's okay to realize that production committees are full of shit. The list of them lying and the animation staff debunking them is long. Conspiracy theories my arse!
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Emaldo wrote:
WANNFH wrote:

Like AJ already said this can't be the main reason. Unless the show was fully outsourced to China. If they had to heavily rely on outsourcing that says how fundamentally broken the production was from the get go, 2-3 episodes outsoruced sounds like the norm, but outsourcing the whole show to another country? RIP.

The production committee won't admit that they screwed up, they'll find an excuse. The virus is convinient.

It's fairly certain they're just using coronavirus virus as an excuse, even without the previous issues the production has had. While live actions have halted filming in China due to the coronavirus, the donghua production hasn't been affected as much due to the animators in most cases being able to work from home. If animations based solely on China have had only minor effect from the coronavirus so far, it's unlikely to have had such a significant effect on outsourced anime to delay the episodes by months
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1