• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun Horror or All Hijinks?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:53 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I agree with this, but I'm not sure if that's an option depending on how they're getting their screencaps. As far as I can tell, it can depend on your OS, browser and/or what device you're viewing on whether an outline option that actually works is available. I'm no expert though, by a long shot.

How we get screencaps usually depends on the streaming service, but for Funi pretty much the only effective way to get legible subtitles for the image size in TWIA is to turn on those black backgrounds on their web player. The mobile app has more readable subs, but typically have formatting problems and can be a pain to transfer anyway, and the web player doesn't offer many options for adjusting contrast or drop shadow outside of making it look like you're watching C-Span on a television at the gym.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I think this is one of the cases when a female author was able to ideally add some shoujo tropes to a male-focused work. This reminded me of the pleasant atmosphere of Chihayafuru, where the opposite was the case with the addition of shonen tropes to josei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2