• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Androgynous Boyfriend GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Is there anything to indicate this is the first entry in a longer series? Or is this very firmly a one-shot? Honestly I'd be more intrigued if this is the fluffy set up for tackling more issues down the road, though that chapter about the artist does pique some morbid interest.
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:08 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Is there anything to indicate this is the first entry in a longer series? Or is this very firmly a one-shot? Honestly I'd be more intrigued if this is the fluffy set up for tackling more issues down the road, though that chapter about the artist does pique some morbid interest.

It's an ongoing series. It's extremely new though and only has 2 volumes so far. Volume 2 drops in the US in August
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the review, Rebecca! I want to ask, does the plot portray male lead as a gender uncomfortable male? Or is it just a kind of his style?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:57 pm Reply with quote
You're welcome!

It's really just his style - he's perfectly comfortable with his gender identity, even when we see him being given grief for it during a high school flashback. Other people are uncomfortable with him being a heterosexual cisgender male, but he is who he is and neither he nor Wako have a problem with it.
Kaylee Smerbeck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:21 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
You're welcome!

It's really just his style - he's perfectly comfortable with his gender identity, even when we see him being given grief for it during a high school flashback. Other people are uncomfortable with him being a heterosexual cisgender male, but he is who he is and neither he nor Wako have a problem with it.

Prays in genderfluid
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:33 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
You're welcome!

Thank you for your reply! I had similar experiences in my youth, so I appreciate the message that gender identity is not determined by stereotypes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1