• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Was BEASTARS Worth the Wait?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7777ale7777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Something I didn't quite understand was Haru putting her arm in Legoshi's mouth out of reflex like forcing herself to be eaten. Is that something rabbits do when they are scared?
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Nope, not something rabbits do IRL.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Well if were going to talk about reflex when herbivore are about to be eaten, she should have shat/peed herself, which I think would have been thematically appropriate for the story, every kink is okay is you accept yourself Laughing
RaiKageRyu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
7777ale7777 wrote:
Something I didn't quite understand was Haru putting her arm in Legoshi's mouth out of reflex like forcing herself to be eaten. Is that something rabbits do when they are scared?

Yeah that part threw me off too. I tried looking that up but couldn't find anything to support it. I can only conclude that was perhaps mistranslated? Judging how the arm seems to used more like a guard to protect herself?
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Not worth the wait. Was actually fairly dull. And this may not be a fair criticism, but it looked too weird with the animation style. Very wooden.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyed this so much that I'm interested in reading the manga. Oh, I'm not a fan of TV CGI, but I thought ORANGE did a credible job, not too distracting and at times, extremely well done. It is easily one of my favs so far this year.
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:30 pm Reply with quote
The awful CG and animation ruins it completely for me.

God, please stop making shows in that style Netflix.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Horsefellow wrote:
The awful CG and animation ruins it completely for me.

God, please stop making shows in that style Netflix.

I don't know where people get the idea that NETFLIX is the reason why these shows are made in CG, but it is entirely incorrect. Orange made this show, not Netflix. Polygon pictures made Ajin, Godzilla, and Knights of Sidonia, not Netflix.

Netflix will pick up these shows and films, but just because it is on Netflix, doesn't mean they made the show. What you are doing is basically like someone who blames Funimation for not making another season of a Devil is a Part Timer or something. It just doesn't make sense.

If people want to be annoyed at Netflix for anything, be annoyed at them for holding on to specific anime for months, forcing people to either wait to watch them or find illegal options.

I say all this now, but I know that in 6 months when (or if) The Seven Deadly Sins' new season is released on Netflix, people will be blaming Netflix for its bad animation. Even though it isn't their fault.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Definitely worth the wait. I absolutely love this show and hope the rest of the manga will be adapted. Also loved the opening and soundtrack.
Benisara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I loved the manga so much, and this was definitely worth it! Their expressions look great and capture a lot of the nuances of these multilayered characters. It's a good show and I'm looking forward to more seasons coming out one day.

Highly recommend the manga, it's bingeworthy and becomes more philosophical further in. It's a really unique and thoughtful story that goes beyond furry culture or fetishes.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Lara Jill Miller has had an interesting career, hasn't she?
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I reckon the song "You got a friend in me" would take on another meaning if used in this show.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I was actually pleasantly surprised with how well the animation was done. Little weird in some places, but very well directed. As a fan of the manga I was worried about how the art would translate into CG, but looking forward to season 2.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:43 am Reply with quote
Beastars is an amazing series for furries and non-furries alike.

However, being a furry certainly gives you more to work with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:26 am Reply with quote
*snip* Beastars is probably one of the best looking shows to come out last decade. The show would have not captured the magic of the manga with normal 2D.

[Edit]: removed snark. Errinundra.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3